YouTube Kids is a free service that provides kids with learning kits, music, shows and the ability to explore specific topics such as science projects. It offers kids a safer online experience. YouTube Kids comes in form of mobile app. The app is very easy to use and gives kids the opportunity to explore the world via online videos – from their favorite shows and music to learning how to build a model volcano. It is child-friendly and offers parents the ability to create the right experience for their families.
With it, parents can control the kind of online videos their wards watch. It comes with a whole suite of parental controls, so you can tailor the experience to your family’s needs. There is a mix of filters, user feedback, and human reviewers to keep the videos in YouTube Kids family friendly. The app design is also kids-friendly. The app icons are bigger and the fonts are more readable. Kids who can speak but can’t really spell as yet can now use the voice search feature.
Features and Benefits of YouTube Kids
- YouTube Kids offers popular channels such as National Geographic Kids, Reading Rainbow, Vlogbrothers, DreamWorks TV and Stampylonghead.
- It has a session timer. This automatically stops the app after the set time and you don’t have to take your kid’s phone or tablet away. It helps you put limits on how long your kids can watch YouTube videos.
- YouTube Kids gives parents more power to control and hand-pick every channel and video children see. This means that you can subscribe to channels on YouTube Kids.
- With Watch it Again features, you can view your children’s subscriptions. This feature allows you to subscribe, unsubscribe or block any channel. Note that unsubscribing does not prevent your child from re-subscribing. so, if you don’t want them to re-subscribe, you can block the channels that you do not want your child to watch.
- Younger experience feature comes with a range of sing-alongs and learning videos. The “younger” version is perfect for preschool to school-aged kids to search and find videos they love. This is because it includes videos from The Little Bus Tayo, Monster High, and so on.
- YouTube Kids allows you to create up to eight kid profiles, each with their own viewing preferences, video recommendations, and settings.
- The app comes with video reporting capability. You can seed feedback or alert the app developer immediately by reporting videos that shouldn’t be in the app.
- With the watch history feature, you can keep an eye on what your kids are watching.
- YouTube Kids provides multi-language support and 4K/HD movies or shows. It also supports auto-play, Android TV, personalization, Google Cast and resume watching functionality.
List of Countries where YouTube Kids is Available
If you reside in any of the countries below, you’ll be able to access all the amazing benefits of YouTube Kids. Your kids can watch their favorite videos, shows, explore great topics and have fun using their Android or iOS phones, tablets, and family smart TVs.
- Montenegro (Smart TVs only)
- Serbia (Android and Smart TVs only)
- South Africa,
- United States
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
How to Download YouTube Kids on Andriod and iOS
Here are steps to download the app on your Andriod or iOS devices:
- Go to Google Play Store if you’re an Android user or App store if you use iOS phone or tablet
- On the search bar, type “YouTube Kids” and select the YouTube Kids link that appears from the search result
- Click on “Install” to start the download and installation
- When the installation is finished, tap “Open” to launch the app.
- Click on “Get Started” and follow the instructions to complete the setup.
YouTube Kids requires Android 4.1 or higher and iOS 8 or higher. You can also watch YouTube Kids on smart TVs. In some countries, Smart TV is the only available option. The app is suitable for kids and there are no inappropriate comments.