YouTube Music (YT M) is a new music streaming service created by YouTube. It comes in two forms – as a mobile app for Android & iOS devices and a desktop web player for computers. By design, YouTube Music is similar to Spotify – a competitor. It is available as both an ad-supported free service as well as part of an ad-free $9.99 a month subscription called YT M Premium. YouTube Premium subscribers usually get ad-free YM Premium, YouTube Red Original movies and TV series bundled in.
The sole aim of YT M is to collapse the content of the YouTube and the Google Play Music services into one and favorably compete with Spotify. The new music streaming service features millions of songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist-based radio. It also includes highly organized and personalized exclusive live performances, covers, music videos and YouTube’s great catalog of remixes. With YT M Premium, you can enjoy millions of songs and videos on YouTube Music without ads.
Benefits of YouTube Music
Here are the benefits of YT M Premium:
- The ability to download songs and videos to your mobile device for offline listening. You can turn on audio-only mode to listen to music without loading the video.
- Access to millions of ads-free YouTube videos.
- It allows you to play music in the background even when using other apps or when your screen is off.
- The ability to download videos to watch offline. You can save videos and playlists on mobile devices and play them offline.
- It works across multiple platforms such as mobile phones and desktop computers.
How to Become a YouTube Music Premium Member Using Premium Free Trial
With paid YouTube Music membership subscription, you’ll enjoy millions of songs and music videos without ads. You’ll also be able to download your favorite songs and videos for offline listening. Here’s is how to become a Premium member:
- On the web browser of your mobile or computer, type: youtube.com/musicpremium and hit the enter button. This will take you to the YouTube Music Premium homepage
- On the next page, click on “Start your free trial” and follow the instructions to get started.
How to Become a YouTube Music Premium Member on YouTube Music App
Below are the steps to subscribe or become a YouTube Music Premium member via the Music App
- Launch the “YouTube Music app” on your phone or tablet. If you don’t have the app, you can download the YouTube App from Google Play Store for Android uses or App Store for iOS users.
- Sign in with the Google account you’d like to start your membership on.
- Select your profile photo and tap “Get Music Premium”.
- Click on “Start your free trial”
What is YouTube Music Premium Free Trial?
YouTube Premium subscribers get up to 30 – 90 days free trial period depending on the country where they reside. Within the free trial period, you’ll have access to YouTube Premium benefits, YouTube Music, YouTube Originals, YouTube Gaming, and YouTube Kids.
How Much Does YouTube Music Premium Cost?
There are two considerations to make when it comes to what service to subscribe to. What are your ads tolerance level? Or do you have the ability to pay? If yes, here’s the pricing:
- YouTube Music is absolutely FREE but shows ads
- The Ads-free YouTube Music Premium costs $9.99 USD a month.
- YouTube Premium cost: $11.99
Can I Access My YouTube Music Premium Account from Different Devices?
Yes. If you have an active YouTube Music subscription, you can access your account from different devices. This is because it works across multiple platforms such as smartphones, laptop, MacBook, and desktop computers.
Is YouTube Music Premium Available Internationally?
No. YT M Premium is available in certain countries for now. Though, the rollout is ongoing in different regions. If the Music Premium has not been launched in your country, you’ll not be able to access Premium benefits. Here is the list of countries where YouTube Music Premium is available.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
How to Download YouTube Music App on Android, iOS Devices and Computer.
Here are the steps to download YouTube Music app
- On your device, go to the respective app store. Play Store for Android users and App Store for iOS users.
- Type on the search bar: “YouTube Music”
- Select the “YouTube Music” link that will appear
- Click on “Install” to start the download and installation
- Tap “Open” to get started
What YouTube Premium can offer that its competitors such Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal can’t, is access to several thousands of playlists, remixes, covers, live performances, studio sessions, and other YouTube Originals.