Twitch login refers to the process that Twitch uses to authenticate millions of users around the world. Users provide their security credentials such as username and password. The login process can also be done via identity providers like Amazon, Facebook, etc. In other to gain access to your Twitch account, you’ll need to visit www.twitch.tv and provide your username and password. If you are concerned about the security of your Twitch login credentials and want a more secure solution. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is all you need to set up. In this article, you will learn how to set up a Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your Twitch account. You will also learn how to install Authy 2FA for your Twitch account too.
- Twitch Login Overview.
- Steps to log in to your Twitch account.
- How to Sign Up for a Twitch Account on Desktop Computer or Mobile Device.
- Steps to Download and Install Authy 2FA App for your Twitch Account on Android, iOS, Desktop
- How to Setup Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your Twitch Account.
When you log in to your Twitch account, you’ll have the ability to interact with broadcasters and join the Twitch community via chat. You can follow your favorite broadcasters to receive alerts when they go live. In other words, it allows you to discover the best live streams channels whenever you’re logged in. Besides, you can also broadcast to the Twitch community from your channel. Twitch Login also helps you to browse different showing categories. The most popular showing categories include Fortnite, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Just Chatting, Minecraft, Apex Legends, Dota 2, Overwatch, and Counter-Strike. Others are Hearthstone, Dead by Daylight, and Hunt. You can access Twitch on PS4, Xbox one, Laptop, etc.
Twitch Login Procedure
Here are the steps that you can use to log in to your Twitch account:
- On the web browser of your device, type: www.twitch.tv and hit the enter button. This will take you to the Twitch homepage.
- Click the “Log In” button at the upper right corner of your screen.
- On the next popup window, enter your username and password. Alternatively, you can log in with your Facebook account by clicking the “Connect with Facebook” tab.
- Then, click Log In to proceed.
If you don’t have an existing Twitch account and don’t want to sign in with your Facebook account, you can click the “Sign Up” tab to create a new account.
How to Sign Up for a Twitch Account on Desktop/Laptop
You can sign up for Twitch on your desktop/laptop computer or your mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Below are the steps that you can use to sign up for Twitch account on your laptop or desktop computer:
- On the web browser of your device, type: www.twitch.tv and hit the enter button.
- Next, select the “Sign up” button on the top right corner of the Twitch homepage.
- On the popup Log In / Sign Up window, tap the “Sign Up” tab.
- Enter a username and password.
- Input your Date of Birth.
- Enter your email address.
- Fill the reCAPTCHA challenge by checking the “I’m not a robot” checkbox.
- Then, click the “Sign Up” tab to complete. You can also use your Facebook account to sign up for a Twitch account. To do that, just click the “Connect with Facebook” button and follow the instructions to complete.
Read Also: How to Stream on Twitch Prime
How to Sign Up for a Twitch Account on Mobile Phone
To be able to create a Twitch account on your mobile device, you’ll need to download the Twitch Mobile App. Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download the app. Here are the steps that you can use to sign up for a Twitch account:
- Launch the Twitch Mobile app on your device.
- Click the Sign Up button.
- Enter your mobile phone number including your country code. You can enter your email address by selecting “Use email instead”.
- Input your Username, Password, and Date of Birth.
- Click the Next button to continue. A verification code known as a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to you via SMS or email.
- Enter your 6 digit verification code and follow instructions to complete.
Verifying your phone number or email address gives you the ability to recover your Twitch account, in case you lose access to your mobile phone or tablet. It also gives you the ability to chat in channels that have the verified email chat setting enabled. If you enable notifications, Twitch will also send you notifications for channels that you follow.
Steps to Download and Install Authy 2FA App for your Twitch Account on Android, iOS, Desktop
To protect your account from unauthorized logins, Twitch provides two-factor authentication (2FA) through Authy. When you set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), you will require two different methods of verification to log in to your Twitch account. You’ll need your password and your mobile device – smartphone or tablet. In an event your password is exposed, your account will be inaccessible without the unique code sent to your phone or tablet. Authy Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an additional layer of protection beyond regular passwords. It is available for download from either Google Play Store, App Store or Authy website for free. You can install the app on your iOS, Android and Desktop apps. This is one of the requirements to start broadcasting on Twitch. Just like verification of your Twitch account, you’ll also need access to a computer. This is because 2FA can only be enabled through a laptop or desktop computer. Here are the steps that you can use to download and install Authy 2FA app for your Twitch account Android, iOS, Desktop:
- On your mobile device, open Google Play Store or App Store depending on your device type. For Desktop users, visit authy.com to download the app.
- Launch the Authy app when the download is complete. The app usually opens with the Set Up screen.
- Provide your country code, phone number and Twitch associated email address.
- Select how you would like to receive your token: Existing Device, SMS or Phone Call.
- When prompted, verify your identity by authorizing the request from another Authy device you’re currently using. Under your 2FA accounts in the Authy app, you should now see “Twitch”.
To control access to tokens generation for your Authy accounts while on your Desktop, you should enable Master Password from Settings
How to Setup Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Twitch Login
Below are the steps that you can use to set up Two-Factor Authentication for your Twitch Account:
- Sign in to your Twitch account with your username and password.
- Locate your account name on the top right corner of the Twitch homepage, and select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down.
- Select the ‘Security & Privacy’ tab on the Settings page.
- Click on ‘Set up two-factor authentication’ or ‘Enable Two-Factor Authentication’.
- Enter your Twitch password if prompted.
- Input your mobile phone number.
- Enter the verification code you receive via text message or the Authy app into the verification field.
- Click Verify. After verifying that code, your two-factor authentication will automatically be enabled.
In as much as your Authy app remains enabled, you will receive tokens for Twitch every time you try to log in. All you’ll need to do is to open the Authy app and enter your Twitch token into the field on your computer or mobile device. Then click “Verify Token”, and you’re good to go!