Square Register is a fully integrated POS (Point of Sale) system that comes with a customer-facing display. It’s more or less an iPad replacement solution built by Square. The device works 100% of the time, as against the Square app on iPad Pro. It accepts all major credit cards for only 2.5% + 10¢ per tap, dip, or swipe. You can pay with credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. It also accepts all payment types such as EMV chip cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, other NFC payments, and magstripe cards. It is a good point of sale system that is very easy to set up.
With Square Register, there is no need for tablets or other POS apps. A typical Square Register comes with two touchscreen displays – the seller and customer displays. These help you to speed up the checkout process for your customers. The customer facing screen lets the customers see what they’re buying and the total amount as it is being rung up by the seller. It also allows them to pay and tip onscreen. The seller touchscreen display is configurable. This gives you the flexibility to have the most frequently purchased products easily accessible on the home screen. The Square POS works flawlessly.
Things You Can Do with the New Square Register
- You can accept the major card and NFC payments
- The ability to have your funds in your bank account in one to two working days.
- You can add, edit, and sell thousands of items.
- Helps you to build a customer directory.
- Manage payments and track sales in real time and get valuable insights.
- Send free invoices and get paid fast.
- Multilocation inventory management
- Cost of goods sold and projected profit reporting
- Integrated employee timecards
- Advanced customer outreach tools and profiles
- Employee accounts and permissions
- POs and vendor lists management
How to Setup Square Register
It is very easy to set up your Square Register. Here are the steps you can use to set it up:
- Unbox your device from the shipping container.
- Separate the customer display if you like. You can detach and attach the customer display from you Square Stand. Press firmly on the lower back side of the customer display using the clip button to detach the unit. You connect it to the Stand using the USB cable.
- Connect the power adaptor housing the battery pack to the port located on the Stand.
- Plug the power adaptor to a wall socket
- Turn on the Square Register
- Click on Accept to agree to Terms of Usage
- On the next screen, choose your Wi-Fi network and click Next
- Confirm your Time Zone and tap Next
- Then, Sign In to continue.
Where to Buy New Square Register
You can buy new Square Register from Square at squareup.com, Amazon.com, eBay, etc. It comes in different bundles depending on what your needs are. You can buy the Stand with a Receipt Printer and Barcode Scanner. Buying from Square website (squareup.com) is probably the cheapest option.
It’s important to note that the Square Register is country-specific. This means that Square hardware sold or intended for sale in the US is not approved for use in Canada, Japan, Australia or the UK.