PayPal Prepaid is a debit card service that is available to PayPal users in the United States. It allows users to transfer money from their PayPal account balance to their MasterCard instantly or shop everywhere Debit Mastercard is valid. You can order a PayPal prepaid card online (www.paypal-prepaid.com/get-a-prepaid-card) or purchase a temporary card from a retail outlet such as NetSpend. In order to be able to use the card, you’ll need to activate the card and load it with funds.
The Bancorp Bank is licensed by Mastercard International Incorporated to issue the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard. There are three main ways that you can use to add money to your card. You can either use PayPal instant transfers, Direct deposit or NetSpend reload network. Your ability to use the Card account solely depends on funds availability, identity verification, and card activation. Access to your Prepaid Mastercard transaction history and other online features is only possible if you have a PayPal Account.
How to Load or Add Money to Your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard
- PayPal Instant Transfer is one of the easiest ways to transfer funds instantly from your PayPal account to your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard account free of charge. Just link your account in order to have full access to all PayPal Prepaid Card features and benefits.
- Direct Deposit is the fastest way to add all or part of your paycheck or government payment to your Card account at no cost. A card account can only receive deposit electronically if you enroll in direct deposit scheme.
- NetSpend Reload Network consists of over 130,000 convenient locations across the US where you can add money to your card account. NetSpend represents The Bancorp Bank and may charge a reload fee.
Steps to Get or Order a PayPal Prepaid MasterCard on the Web
Below are the steps you can use to get or order a Prepaid MasterCard on the web:
- On the web browser of your device, type: www.paypal-prepaid.com and hit the enter button. This will take you to the homepage.
- Click on Get Your Card or Order Your Card button.
- On the next page, enter your Name, Address, Apt number, City, State, ZIP Code, Email address and Phone number in their respective fields.
- Select as applicable to the question: “Does your employer or benefits provider offer direct deposit?”
- Click “Complete your order” to complete the application process
How to Activate Your Prepaid MasterCard on the Web
Here are the steps you can use to activate your MasterCard on the web:
- Get your new Card ready
- On the web browser of your device, type www.paypal-prepaid.com and hit the enter button. This will take you to the homepage.
- Click on the “Activate your Card Account here” link at the left-hand corner of your screen.
- Put your 16 or 20-digit Card number in the text field
- Enter the 3-digit CVC2 number, found at the back of your card
- Click on Continue to proceed
- Enter your 4-digit PIN
- Accept the Terms of Services by checking the checkbox
- Click on Continue
- On the next page, enter your address and answer all the account setup questions. You can recommend referrers if you want.
- Then, click on Continue to finish and you’re good to go.
Steps to Transfer Money from Paypal to Debit or Prepaid Card Instantly
You can transfer money or load cash to your MasterCard. Here are the steps you can use to transfer or add/load money to your card:
- On the web browser of your device, type: www.paypal-prepaid.com/paypal-transfers and hit the enter button.
- Log in to your PayPal Prepaid Card Online Account Center with your PayPal account.
- Click on the PayPal Transfers section.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Select the card to receive the money. The cards that you can use are shown in the “To” drop-down.
As soon as you complete the process, the money will be moved to the bank account associated with the card you selected during the transfer request. It takes an average of 30 minutes for the money to hit your Card account. Note that PayPal reviews all transfer requests and reserves the right to approve or decline any request if there’s an issue. The service may attract a $0.25 charge.
The new PayPal Prepaid MasterCard will allow you to eat, drink and shop everywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted. It is important to note that your MasterCard is automatically added to your Wallet as an additional payment method once you activate your card online. Ensure that you log in with your PayPal account details. Note also that a fee may apply when you withdraw money using your card.