Updated: June 19, 2019.
- Cost of PayPal Card Reader.
- Where to Buy or Get PayPal Card Reader.
- PayPal Card Reader Instructions – Setup on Mobile Phone and Tablet.
- How to Use the Chip and Pin Card Reader to Accept Payment and Send Money.
Are you a small business owner and in search of a simple payment collection solution that can help your business grow? PayPal card reader is all you need. It provides a simple and convenient platform for small businesses to accept customer payments on the go. It helps you turn your mobile device into an instant payment collection platform with PayPal Here. The PayPal card reader can even help you to send invoices to customers. It’s just ideal for smaller transaction sizes.
With the PayPal Here Mobile Card Reader, you’ll be able to accept any payment method that PayPal recognizes. You’ll be able to accept payments from all major credit cards, debit cards, or PayPal transfers, and even keep track of your cash and check payments. All you need is one card reader, one PayPal Here app, one existing PayPal account, and your business gets paid. The card reader is compatible with iPhone, iPad, Star Micronics TSP100 LAN & Bluetooth Printer, Android and Windows 8.1 smartphones and tablets.
Cost of PayPal Card Reader
When planning to buy a card reader, you’ll need to consider the purpose that you the card reader will serve. This is very important! Each of them has different features and functionality. The cost of each card type depends on the type of card you want to purchase. It comes in five flavors which are as follows:
- PayPal Mobile Card Reader costs $14.99 a unit.
- The cost of one PayPal Chip and Swipe Reader is $24.99
- PayPal Chip and Tap Reader will cost you $59.99
- The cost of PayPal Chip and Tap Bundle is $79.99 at PayPal store
- A unit of PayPal Chip Card Reader costs $99.99
Where to Buy or Get PayPal Card Reader
The steps are as follows:
- On the web browser of your device, type www.paypal.com/emv and hit the enter button. This will take you to the homepage.
- Scroll down to see all the available card readers. you can click on “Shop Now” to reveal the card details. Alternatively, you can click on the “Get PayPal Here” button.
- On the next page, click on “Log In with PayPal” button
- Enter your email address and password. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can sign up.
- Download the free PayPal Here app. Once approved, download the PayPal Here app to start taking payments straight away.
- Purchase a card reader at https://us.paypal-here.com by copying the link and pasting on the web browser of your device. It will take you to the homepage.
- Click on “CARD READERS” tab at the top left-hand corner of your screen or tap the “Get the Chip and Swipe Reader” tab.
- Choose the type of card reader that you want and click “Add to Cart”
- Review the total cost and tap “Proceed to Checkout”
In order to enjoy a lower transaction fee and faster payments, you’ll need to pair your card reader with your smartphone or tablet.
PayPal Card Reader Instructions – Setup on Mobile Phone and Tablet
Here are the steps you can use to set up or pair your PayPal Here Card Reader with your mobile smartphone or tablet:
- Power up or turn on the card reader. If you’re pairing for the first time, the Bluetooth icon will blink quickly.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your smartphone or tablet. Note that on Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, etc, the card reader will appear automatically. If you use an Android device, you can select Scan and Search to discover your PayPal card reader because it doesn’t appear automatically.
- Select your card reader
- Open the PayPal Here App on your device. The card reader will connect automatically to your mobile phone or tablet.
Now, your card reader is set up and the next time you log in to your PayPal Here app, the card reader will automatically connect. Congratulations! You’re now ready to take card payments.
How to Use the Chip and Pin Card Reader to Accept Payment and Send Money
Below are the steps on how to use the PayPal Here chip and pin reader to accept and send money:
- Open your PayPal Here app on your smartphone or tablet. Ensure that you connect your the reader and mobile phone or tablet together and are ready to make a transaction.
- Enter the amount you wish to charge in the PayPal Here app or select items from your item catalog.
- Confirm the amount and then tap the charge button. All available card payment methods will appear.
- For a chip payment, insert the card into the bottom the card reader. This is dependent on the type of card reader you have. Do not remove the card until the transaction is complete. You’ll hear a sound confirming that the card has been inserted correctly.
- Ask the customer to enter his/her PIN number on the card reader’s keypad and then, press the Check button, OR
- Alternatively, ask the customer to sign on the mobile phone’s PayPal Here app and then Click Done. Allow few seconds for the transaction to process.
The PayPal Card Reader (Chip type) is highly recommended for increased protection against fraudulent transactions. It’s important to note all PayPal accounts are subject to policies that can lead to account restrictions in the form of holds, limitations, or reserves. Therefore, make sure that you’re of card policy regarding sales over $500 in a 7-day period made with the Mobile Card Reader. According to the policy statement, such sales are subject to an automatic 30-day reserve where funds are held in your PayPal account to cover the high risk associated with these types of transactions. Take note of this!