We all have one payment need or the other. If you’re either considering sending money, receiving money or making an online payment, you’ll need to register for a PayPal account. With a PayPal account, you can securely transfer money and make an online payment or set up a merchant account. You can register for a personal or business PayPal account depending on what you want to do with the account. Buying is always free with your PayPal account.
PayPal works well with your bank account, debit cards, or credit cards. It allows you to bring all of them in one secure place. It also integrates very well with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Merchant accounts such as MasterCard, Visa, eBay etc. Generally, PayPal is one of the foremost global payment gateways. Just like Amazon Pay and Stripe accounts, PayPal account allows you to shop, receive online payments, and send funds globally.
Why Register for a PayPal Account?
If you love convenience and security, PayPal is the way to go. This is because you can make online payments from the comfort of your living room and not worry about anything. PayPal handles the rest for you. You can shop online in a more convenient and efficient manner. PayPal account registration saves you time and allows you to enjoy the amazing benefits that come with it. You get the best of what you want in a few clicks. Just shop, make payment via the web or on the mobile and take delivery at your doorstep. It can be simple as this!
How Does PayPal Account Work?
Setting up of PayPal account is free. You’ll need to register or create a PayPal account before you’re able to transact on PayPal platform. All you need is just an email. You can create a personal or business account depending on what you need the account for. If you want to use it for things like sending (transfers and donations) or receiving of money, you can set up a personal account. Should selling of products and services be your sole purpose, you’ll need a business account.
Things You Can Do With PayPal Account
Below is the list of things you can do with your account:
1. Transfer of funds internationally:
You can send, receive money, or make payment for online all your transactions from anywhere around the world. Be it making or receiving payment for online auction at eBay, PayPal has got your back.
2. Funds to a bank account in exchange for cash:
You can make payments to certain accounts on behalf of friends and family members and in turn receive cash from them. If you also send money to your bank account, you can withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide. To learn more, check out our article on How to Turn Your PayPal Money or Funds into Cash
3. Buying and selling of goods and services:
You can use your account to pay for items in-store and online via the web or on the mobile. This applies to both buyers and sellers.
4. Make or receive donations worldwide:
You can use your account to raise funds for charity. People can donate from anywhere around the world in order to support your mission.
How to Sign Up or Setup a PayPal Account to Receive Funds
Setting up a PayPal account to receive funds is very simple and free. Below are the steps you can use to set up a PayPal account:
- On the web browser of your device, type: www.paypal.com and hit the enter button. This will take you to the PayPal homepage.
- Click on the “Sign Up” tab at the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.
- On the next page, select the type of account (Personal or Business account) you want or create. You can choose a personal account if you want to use it for online shopping or to send and receive money. If you want to send secure invoices to your customers or accept PayPal and all other cards online for payment, you can go for a PayPal business account.
- Click on the “Next” tab to proceed.
- Enter your legal first name and last name
- Provide your email address, create and confirm your password. You can check the “Stay logged in for faster checkout” field if you don’t want to type in your password every time you shop on that particular device. this gives you control and helps you to speed through the checkout at some select merchants.
- Then, click on the “Next” tab.
- Enter your Street address, City, State, Zip Code, and mobile phone number
- Read and Check the PayPal E-communication Delivery Policy, User Agreement, and Privacy Statement.
- Click on “Agree and Create Account” to complete the sign-up process.
PayPal account offers both buyers and sellers access to a simplified payment gateway. In fact, sellers who participate in e-commerce cannot do without an account. This is because it provides the best channel for sellers to receive payment for their products and services. Without a business PayPal account, sellers will not be able to receive payments from buyers.