Perhaps, you are wondering what Office 365 (o365) truly means. Is Office 365 different from Microsoft Office? In this article, we shall explain what Office 365 is and how you can use it more effectively. Office 365 is a productivity-grade subscription service created by Microsoft Corporation. It gives you access to the world’s most premium apps such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access available on PC only). There are two plans – home and personal, which include robust Office desktop apps to help you create your best work.
- Office365 Overview.
- How to Setup Office365 Home or Personal.
- Office365 Profile Picture Size.
- How to Add Profile Picture to o365.
- Steps to Change Profile Picture in o365.
- How Admins Can Add Profile Pictures for Users in o365.
- Steps Admins Can Use to Set User Profile Picture Using Powershell o365.
You can use Office 365 on multiple computers, MacBooks, tablets, and smartphones including Windows, iOS, and Android (Note that Android and iOS devices will require separate app installation for optimal performance). By default, it comes with services like 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage with advanced security per person, 60 Skype minutes per month, and Microsoft chat and phone support. With office 365, you can collaborate on documents with other team members online from any location. Office 365 is available in an annual or monthly subscription which you can share with your entire family – for up to 6 family members. Isn’t that interesting?
How to Setup Office 365 Home or Personal
In order to set up Office 365, type office.com/setup on any web browser and hit the Enter button. On the next page, sign in, redeem your key and follow the prompts. This is a one-time action as you will only need to do it once. Ready to install Office? Here are the steps:
- Open to your account page at office.com/myaccount.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account.
- On My Office Account, select Install and follow the installation wizard prompts to finish.
What is the size of Office 365 Profile Picture?
The early version of o365 had profile picture size limitations. Nevertheless, the size limitations have effectively been addressed. It doesn’t pose a challenge to numerous users anymore in as much as they remain within the recommended limits. The recommended size of user photos is around 96×96 pixels, with a file size of 10 KB.
How to Add Profile Picture to o365
It is very easy to personalize your o365 by adding your profile picture. When you add a profile image, it makes your experience a bit more personal, even with anyone else you interact with. Most people don’t like it when they are represented with an image of their initials. You can add your profile picture to o365 in two ways – either from Office.com or while using Office 365 applications on your computer or in a browser on your mobile phone or tablet. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Save the picture you want to use to file location on your computer, OneDrive, or other locations you have access to. Ensure that the picture is smaller than 4 MB and in .png, jpg, or .gif file format.
- Sign in to Office 365 with your work or school account at office.com.
- Click on the circle in the upper right-hand corner of the page that shows your initials or an icon of a person.
- In the My accounts pane, click the circle that shows your initials or an icon of a person. A pop-up window will appear to enable you to change your photo.
- Click on “+ Upload a new photo”
- Choose the image file you want to upload and adjust accordingly.
- Select “Apply” to save your preferences
How to Change Profile Picture in o365
You can change your profile picture in Office 365 from Office.com, or while using Office 365 applications on your computer or in a browser on your phone. Once you change your profile picture, it will appear everywhere there’s a profile photo circle in Office 365 application. Below are the steps you can use to change your profile picture:
- Click the circle that shows your initials or an icon of a person in the upper right corner, and select Office 365 Settings.
- Select the Edit Profile link.
- From the Profile page, tap the Camera icon.
- Click Browse to select your saved image file.
- Upload and tap Save.
How Admins Can Add Profile Pictures for Users in o365
Office 365 administrators have two options to use. You can use the Exchange admin center option or Windows PowerShell option to add photos on behalf of users. Here are the steps to add users profile pictures using Exchange admin center:
- Go to the Office 365 admin center, and then open the Exchange admin center.
- Choose the Exchange admin center.
- Select your own profile photo, and then choose Another user.
- Select the user you want to update, and then tap OK.
- Under Account, choose Edit information.
- Tap Change to browse to the photo you want to upload.
- Select it, and then choose Save.
How Admins Can Set User Profile Picture Using Powershell o365
You can set or change the profile photo of one user via the steps below:
- Connect windows powershell to exchange online at technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj984289(v=exchg.150).aspx
- Run the following command: set-userphoto <user> -picturedata ([system.io.file]::readallbytes(“c:\users\desktop\momo.jpg”))
Do not forget to set the picture size to 96×96 pixels, else an error message will be displayed when you try to run the parameter.