In This Article:
- Gmail App Inline Images Overview.
- How to Insert Inline Images in Gmail App on Android or iOS.
- How to Stop Inline Images in Gmail app on Android.
Inline images automatically shows up on Gmail app for most of Android devices. Gmail app inline images offer a rich media experience to users when sending an email. By default, this feature is not enabled. This means that for every email a user sends, s/he has to allow Gmail app to show images from a particular sender to – “Always”. Once the setting is activated by the user, the Gmail app loads it automatically whenever an email is received from that specific sender.
To show images inline automatically is one of the unique features of the Gmail app. At times, it comes at a cost. It can lead to high data consumption especially if you have happened to click on some promotional emails or friends who keep sending large images inline. In this write-up, we shall have a look at how to insert or stop them on your Android devices. This will help you save some data and avoid opening emails that are not relevant.
How to Insert Inline Images in Gmail App on Android or iOS
Here are the steps you can use to insert it on Gmail using the iOS or Android app:
- Tap the attachment paperclip icon while composing a new message or a reply. Ensure that you enable Photos under Gmail app in the Settings on your iOS device (Allow Gmail Access to Photos).
- Select your image of choice from your Photo Gallery or tap the camera icon to take a new picture for sending with the email. This action sends the picture as an inline image with the message text by default.
- Alternatively, you can send the image as an attachment. Just tap the image to bring up its context menu and select Send as an attachment from that menu. To send it as an inline image, tap the attached photo and select Send inline from the menu.
How to Stop Inline Images in Gmail app on Android
You can conserve your data usage by allowing images only from selected email senders. This you can do by turning off inline images from all senders in the Gmail app. Below are the steps to stop it in Gmail app:
- Launch the Gmail app and select the grid ☰ icon.
- Choose “Settings” from the grid ☰ menu options.
- Select the General Settings Option.
- Select the Overflow button in this panel and choose “Clear Picture Approvals” option from the menu. Another option will appear and select “Clear” to stop all.
The steps above will help you to disable inline images from all senders in the Gmail app. After activation, you can always start over by allowing inline images from a particular set of senders.