IG is an acronym for Instagram – one of the most popular social media networks that helps people around the world to share new photos and videos with others. You can also share stories about things that are of interest to you and send messages to friends and family using Instagram. It also finds purpose in business promotion and social network marketing. So, what is IG Login? Instagram (IG) login is a simple method to access your existing Instagram account. The IG login page provides you with the ability to enter your username, mobile number or email address and password.
Instagram has become a household name since its launch in October 2010 as a free iOS or Windows mobile app. Besides these platforms, IG login can now be done using different platforms such as the web and Android OS. Instagram is an internet-powered social networking engine owned by the social media giant – Facebook. It’s important to note that registered users only can utilize IG login features. What this means is that users who want to make use of the login feature must, first of all, sign up for an Instagram account. If you don’t have an existing IG account, you can sign up for free at www.instagram.com.
Instagram Login Procedure
There are three (3) main methods that users of Instagram can use to log into their IG account. You can log in with Facebook, the Instagram app or through the Instagram website. The only requirement is that you must have an existing IG account. To sign up is absolutely free in case you don’t have one. Here are the steps that registered Instagram users can use to log in to their IG account:
IG Login with FB (Facebook)
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile device
- Click Instagram Login
- Select Login with Facebook
- Type in your Facebook email address or mobile number and password into the text field.
- Click on Login
- Select Continue. This will successfully take you to your Instagram feed.
Instagram App Login
Below are the steps that you can use to log in to your Instagram account using the IG app:
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Type in your username and your password into the text fields
- Then, click on the Instagram login. This will successfully log you into your IG account.
Instagram for PC – How to log in to your Instagram Account on PC
Here are the steps you can follow to log in to your Instagram account on desktop computers or laptop:
- Go to the Instagram website at www.instagram.com on your web browser.
- Enter your username and password into the text fields. You can also use your Facebook account details to log in
- And select the Instagram login tab to continue.
Instagram Profile – How to Edit Your Instagram Profile
As soon as you complete your IG login process, you can edit or update your Instagram profile information such as your name, username and email address. Here are the steps you can use to edit or update your Instagram profile:
- Go to your profile
- Tap Edit Profile
- Type in your information and tap the ‘good’ sign in the top right if your device is Android or tap Done if you use an iPhone or iPad.
How to Add an Instagram Profile Picture or Change Your Current Photo
Here are the steps that you can use to add or change your profile picture:
- Go to your profile
- Tap Edit Profile
- Select Change Profile Photo (iOS) or Change Photo (Android), depending on your mobile device
- Choose where you would like to import your picture from.
- Tap Done or Next as the case may be to continue.
How to Link Your Instagram Account to a Facebook Page
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to your profile and tap the Menu icon.
- Click on Settings
- Select Account and choose Linked Accounts
- Then, select Facebook
- Enter your Facebook login information. This will automatically link your Instagram account with your personal Facebook account.
IG login allows you to have a glitch-free experience while managing your Instagram account. Note that there is nothing you’ll need to learn differently when logging in to your IG account using iOS or Android devices.