Echo Dot can easily be hooked to a compatible Bluetooth speaker in a couple of minutes. By so doing you’ll be able to stream audio from your smart device. All you’ll will need to do is to connect only ONE Bluetooth device to your Echo device at a time. This is because Echo Dot does not support multiple connections to it at the same time.
In this blog post, we shall have a look at the steps you can follow to connect your Echo Dot 3rd Gen to Bluetooth speaker. The steps are as follows:
1. Power on your Bluetooth speaker by pressing the on/off button. This procedure depends on the model of your speaker.
2. Plug your Echo Dot device to a power source. Some models will startup automatically as soon as you connect it to a power source. So, you don’t have to do anything.
3. Place the Bluetooth Speaker and Echo Dot at least 1 m apart. Make sure you place your smart device and Bluetooth speaker no more than 1 m apart. This is a performance enhancement recommendation.
4. Turn on pairing/discovery mode on your Bluetooth speaker. Ensure that you hold down the “Bluetooth button” on your speaker. The button location is solely dependent on the type of Bluetooth speaker you have.
5. Lauch Alexa app on your mobile phone or tablet, and select the Devices icon. Open the Alexa App on your device. You can download the app from Google Play or Apple App Store. Tap the menu icon on the left hand corner of your screen and select “Settings” in the list of menu items.
6. Select your Amazon Echo Dot device. From the Devices Menu, choose your device.
7. Click on Bluetooth as indicated below. Then, select your Bluetooth speaker.
8. Select Pair a New Device. This helps you to pair your devices.
9. Then, choose your Bluetooth speaker. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
It’s important to note that if you had previously paired the device, you can just say, “Connect”. This will automatically connect your smart device to the last device it was connected to without any effort on your part.
How to Identify what each Echo Dot Button or Symbol Does or Means
Here is a pictorial representation of Amazon Echo Dot Buttons and their functions: