Hotmail is a web- and app-based electronic mail system that gives the opportunity to create personalized email address. In this writeup, we will have a look at what you can do on hotmail.com email platform and review some simple steps to sign in or log in to your Hotmail account. We will also discuss the benefits of Hotmail and how you can sign up or create a Hotmail or an Outlook account. Hotmail Sign In is the process of gaining full access to your Microsoft Outlook or Hotmail.com email account. In view of the revolution in cloud technologies and smartphone industry today, owning a personal email account has become a way of life. Millions of persons now have multiple email accounts. This practice presents certain challenges to most email account users to say the least.
- Introduction to Hotmail.com
- Benefits of Hotmail Account.
- Hotmail Account Sign In or Login Requirements and Processes.
- How to Log into Hotmail Account.
- How to Sign Up or Create a Hotmail Account.
More often than not, email users with multiple accounts do confuse or tend to forget their login credentials. Microsoft has products and services that help users to manage their credentials but that is outside our scope. Just like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc, Hotmail Sign In or Login offers Microsoft account users personal email service box. Logging in to your Hotmail mailbox is very easy and straightforward. These days, signing in to different accounts whether on the web or mobile app has become very common. So, Hotmail sign-in is no exception. Now, you can sign in on the web or via the Hotmail mobile app. The most interesting thing is that the sign in or login process is very simple.
Benefits of Hotmail Account
When you create or sign up for a Hotmail account, you stand to enjoy certain benefits that come with the account opening. One of the greatest benefits is that you’ll be able to send and receive emails at no cost from your personal inbox. The email system is a highly available and secure platform. Hotmail is both web- and app-based system. This means that you can access your inbox from anywhere around the world on the go. It’s available across multiple platforms – Windows, iOS, Mac, iPhone, and tablets. Hotmail.com also offers users some level of free Tier 1 data storage in which you can backup your data to the cloud. Businesspeople also use their Hotmail accounts to promote their businesses via different marketing channels. With your Hotmail account, you’ll be able to connect with friends, family and business partners. There’s also the opportunity of regular updates about trends and events with Hotmail. Hotmail account also comes with a free Outlook Calendar to help you stay more productive. The benefits are just endless!
Hotmail Account Sign In Requirements and Processes
First things, first. Before you’re able to log in to your Hotmail account, you must be an existing user. In other words, you must have previously signed up for a Hotmail account. Anyways, you don’t have to worry if you don’t have an existing account because you can easily create one. So, one of the basic requirements to log into Hotmail successfully is that you must have set at least a username or Email address and password. Having these credentials are not enough. You must type in your username or Email address and password correctly in order to gain access. It’s also important to ensure that Caps lock is not turned ON because the password is case sensitive. In as must as Hotmail ensures the protection of your account, the security of your account still remains a shared responsibility. You must safeguard your password in order to avoid unauthorized access to your account. Make sure you log out of your Hotmail account on a shared computer or mobile device after use.
How to Log into Hotmail Account
You’ll need an Internet-enabled device such as Windows phones or tablets, Android smartphones, iPads, iPhones, Laptops, Desktop computers or MacBook, etc. The Hotmail Sign In process follows a step by step approach. As a user, you’ll need to enter your Microsoft Email address, mobile phone number username or Skype ID and password in order to gain access to your Hotmail email inbox. Here are the steps that you can use to log in to your Hotmail account:
- On the browser of your device, type: www.hotmail.com and hit the enter or send tab to proceed.
- Alternatively, you can type this URL: outlook.live.com on your browser instead. Both steps 1 & 2 will take you to the Microsoft Outlook Email Homepage.
- Click on “Sign In” button.
- Enter your Microsoft email address, phone number or Skype ID and select Next
- On the next page, enter your password and select Sign in. You’re good to go.
How to Sign Up or Create a Hotmail Account
To sign up for a Hotmail account is also very easy too. Below are the steps that you can use to create a Hotmail account:
- On the browser of your device, type any of these URLs: www.hotmail.com or outlook.live.com and hit the enter or send tab. This will take you to the Microsoft Outlook Email Homepage.
- Click on the “Create free account” button on the homepage.
- On the Create account page, enter a new email address @hotmail.com. There are two options to select from. You can choose @outlook.com or @hotmail from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next to continue to the Create a password page
- Enter the password you would like to use with your account.
- Review and agree to the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Click Next and follow instructions to complete.
Hotmail Sign In or Outlook login may require that you set up your time zone and language preferences. You do so by selecting your language and the time zone of the country where you reside. Make sure you save the changes. As soon as your Hotmail account is created, you can Sign In using the procedures stated above. In most cases, the system will log you in automatically.