There has been a great transformation in the way we take photos today. We long to treasure our moments each passing day. Smartphones have revolutionized the way and manner we take photos. It now happens at the spur of the moments. Nothing is planned anymore. Nevertheless, the limited storage capacity of most smartphones poses a challenge to ease with which we store our photos. The good news is that Google Photos has come to our rescue. Google photos is a new photo gallery created by Google that gives users free, unlimited storage for photos up to 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution.
Google photos is a photo application that is smart and efficient. It automatically backs up and organizes your photos and videos. This will enable you to find and share them faster and never run out of space on your mobile device. With Google photos, you can back up unlimited photos and videos for free in HD. Most importantly, your photos are safe, secure and private to you and you can access them from any device around the world. It is designed to suit the way we take photos today. When you share a link of your photo album, you can see who all joined the album.
Benefits of Google Photos
- Google photos offer you free unlimited storage for photos and videos.
- It helps you to bring photos to life. Google photos create animations, movies, panoramas, and collages from your photos automatically. It also offers you the opportunity to create them yourself. You can even view, store or share motion photos.
- You can create a live album automatically with Google photos. It allows you to tell your story your own way. With your best shots after an event or trip, you can create a new album automatically and invite friends and colleagues to add their photos.
- You can share photos instantly with any contact, email or phone number straight from the app. It also allows you to share without sharing. This means that you only give a trusted person access to some of your photos.
- With Chromecast support, you can view your photos and videos on your big TV screen. It has some advanced editing tools that you can use to enhance your photos and bring them to life. You can adjust color, lighting, contrast, and vignette, all in one click.
- It makes your photos to be searchable by people, places and things in them. This removes the need for tagging of pictures.
How to Log In to Google Photos
You can log in to Photos in two ways. You can log in via the web or through the Photo app downloadable from Play Store. Here are the steps to log in via the web:
- On your web browser, type photos.google.com and hit the Enter button
- Sign in with your Google account (i.e, your Gmail address and password)
- Click on Continue. This will take you to the photos homepage where you can create, upload or share photos.
How to Turn Backup and Sync On or Off in Google Photos
- Launch the Google Photos app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Tap Menu at the top and Select Settings
- Click on “Back up & sync” on or off.
How to Download All Photos or Videos to Your PC
- On your browser, type drive.google.com. This will take you to Google drive homepage.
- Click on Settings icon at the top right-hand-side of the page,
- Select Create a Google Photos folder.
- In My Drive, find and open the Google Photos folder.
- Select the folder you want to download.
- Click More and Select All Download.
By default, the photos you upload to Google Photos are private unless you specifically share them with other people. If you want to see a list of photos that you have shared with others, you can click on the shared album item in the drop-down menu.