Navigating from one location to another has become very simple in our world today. Growth in the use of technology has tremendously improved the way we commute from one place to another. Tools such as Google Maps has killed distance in no small amount. One may wonder how is this possible? In this article, we shall explore how Google Maps has transformed the way we navigate. We will also x-ray the amazing benefits of the app that users stand to gain. Google Maps is a synchronized web mapping service created by Google. It is a popular app with over a billion downloads. Users around the world utilize its real-time navigation information to make some critical decisions.
The app is very reliable and efficient. It comes with solid features that allow you to use the embedded GPS navigation kits. Google Maps provides real-time satellite imagery and street maps. It helps travelers by foot, private car, bicycle or public transportation to plan their routes. It is an easy-to-use app. Google Maps allows different maps to be embedded on 3rd party websites using Application Programming Interface (API). Google API is a set of protocols and methods of communication between various software components of an application. You can also use it to locate city and local businesses such as restaurants, popular recreational facilities, movie centers, hotels and so on, in many countries.
Why Google Maps?
Persons who use Maps enjoy the following:
- Real-time GPS updates which allow you to know the prevailing traffic situation. By so doing, you will be able to beat traffic with real-time navigation information.
- It makes the planning of your trip very easy and convenient. You can view cafe menus, make reservations and find the busiest hours for places you want to visit.
- With Google maps, you can manage traffic from live traffic map feeds which it pushes to your mobile device.
- The app helps commuters to save time by automatically specifying the fastest route to a destination using live traffic feeds. With its lane guidance functionality, you will not miss a Turn or an Exit. In fact, the app will assist you to get to your destination faster by providing real-time updates and directions.
- With the aid of Google Maps, you can catch your train, bus or ride-share with real-time transit information. It offers offline maps. If you don’t have an Internet connection, you can still search, get direction and use navigation.
- As you travel, the app can provide useful information about pit stops such as restaurants, gas stations, and coffee spots along your route. Google Maps helps you to discover places around the world and explore like a local.
- You can also use Google maps to quickly find your way inside big places such as restaurants, museums, malls, airport, stadiums, shops, etc. The app allows you to write reviews and rate any place you visit.
Google Maps app is a user-friendly application for everyone especially for commuters and those who wish to explore new frontiers. Install the app on your mobile device and start enjoying some unique features, functionalities, and amazing benefits.