Google Home Mini is a smart speaker that every home needs. It basically works on its own. So, you can have a few of these Google smart speakers around your home. Google Home Mini gives you the power of Google anywhere. You can listen to room-filling sound from your Google Home Mini. It can also be paired with your Chromecast so that you can stream from your phone to your TV. All you need to do is just to plug your Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV. Then, power up and stream your favorite entertainment right from your phone with just a tap. You can watch shows, listen to playlists, and so on. Google Home Mini keeps you up to date with traffic, sports and weather reports.
The Google smart speakers have four special colors that you can choose from. It comes in Chalk, Charcoal, Coral, and Aqua. This gives you multiple options to choose the right color that matches your room and personal style. With Google Home Mini, you get hands-free help in any room. The smart speaker is equipped with Google Assistant so you can ask it any question. You can tell it to do things. In fact, Google Home Mini is your own personal Google, to say the least. Just start with “Ok Google” or “Hey Google” to get answers from Google. It can help you to control your smart home, tackle your day, enjoy your music and entertainment or even entertain your family and visitors.
What are the Googe Home Mini Features and Benefits?
Users of Google Home Mini stand to gain a whole lot of mouth-watering benefits. The features and benefits include:
- Google Home Mini comes with 14 days YouTube Music Premium free trial. With Youtube Music Premium, you can use a simple voice command to stream ad-free music at home. After your first 14 days, you’ll have the opportunity to extend your free trial for an additional 3 months. Isn’t that interesting?
- It gives you the ability to control your smart home. With simple voice requests, you can control your compatible lights, smart plugs, thermostat, and so on. Google Home Mini works with more than 1,100 smart IoT devices from over 160 popular brands. Just say “Ok Google, Turn lights red (Great for movie lighting, or night lights),.” and Google Home will turn all lights red.
- Google Home Mini allows you to create fun for the entire family. You can broadcast messages to other family members using Google Home devices around the house. It also allows you to share something new or listen to stories with the Google Assistant.
- It gives you the opportunity to bring your favorite music to life, using only your voice. Google Home Mini’s smart speaker delivers a big, rich sound in a compact size. You can say, “Ok Google, Play Pandora music (Use this if Pandora is default music source).”
- Google Home Mini is a great helper in managing your daily activities. You can get help around the house with things such as your schedule, commute, travel information, etc. Google Home can also help you to get answers from Google weather, news, sports as well as make calls to any personal contact or business with the exception of an emergency number like 911. Just say, “Hey Google, call Mum.”
- It allows you to create fun for the entire family. You can broadcast messages to other family members using Google Home devices around the house. It also allows you to share something new or listen to stories with the Google Assistant.
- With Google Home Mini, you can create personalized responses for you and others in your home with voice recognition. When you ask for help, it can tell your voice from others for a more personalized experience. In other words, with your voice, you can keep your information separate from others. “Ok Google, What is my first schedule today?”
How to Set Up the Google Home Mini
Here are the steps to set up your Google Home Mini:
- Power up the Google Home Mini
- Go to Google Play Store or App Store to download the Google Home app for your smartphone or tablet
- Open Google Home app on your device.
- At launch, the app automatically detects the Home Mini. (If it doesn’t, tap the Device button in the top right and then tap the Add New Device button to get instructions on how to find the device). Then, tap Set Up.
- Google Home Mini will play a sound once you connect to the right device. Then, tap Yes in the app.
- Choose the room where you want Google Home Mini to be located, then tap Next.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and tap Next.
- Enter the password for your network and tap Connect.
- Review the User Terms of Service and User Privacy information. When you’re done, tap Next.
- Follow the instructions to train the Google Home Mini to recognize your voice for a personalized experience. (If you’ve already trained another Google Home to recognize your voice, you can just tap Yes I’m In). Once training is complete, tap Continue.
- It lets you select between two voices; you can play samples of each and decide on the one you want. When you’ve chosen one, tap Next.
- Enter your address if you want to get customized local data for traffic, weather, and other services.
- Review the information you’ve entered and optionally put in a payment method if you want to use Google Home Mini to make purchases. When you’re finished, tap Next.
- Tap Continue.
- On the last set up page, you’ll find some sample commands that you can use to control the device. Then, tap Finish Setup to complete the setup process and you’re good to go.
How to Connect Google Home Mini to a Bluetooth Speaker
Below are the steps to connect Mini to a Bluetooth speaker:
- Launch the Google Home app on your device
- Tap the Devices icon at the top right-hand corner of the app home screen
- Choose the Home speaker you want to connect.
- Then, tap Settings and scroll down to “Default music speaker” and select your Bluetooth speaker.
How Much Does Google Home Mini Cost?
The cost varies depending on the bundle packs you want to buy. The price checklist is as follows:
- A single pack of Google Home Mini – (Coral & Charcoal), will cost you $29 and comes with YouTube Music Premium for free.
- Google Home Mini – Chalk, 2-Pack costs $50.
- One unit of Google Home Mini and Smart Light Bulb will cost you $35
- Google Home Mini and Chromecast bundle pack cost $49. This deal is exclusive to Walmart. If you like this offer, buy the bundle pack from Walmart under Google Smart TV Kit category.
What is the Difference Between Google Home and Google Home Mini?
The major difference between the two smart speakers is just the sound quality. Unlike Google Home speaker, Google Home Mini is a 360-degree smart speaker that has a relatively smaller size. Google Home speaker is a big bass-generating woofer and covers a wider range. It will cost you extra Dollars anyways.