Smart home lovers now have a wonderful tool to control and manage their home devices anywhere, anytime. Google Home app allows users to set up, manage and control their Google Home and Chromecast devices on their Android smartphone, iPad, iPhone, and tablet. It is another innovative product of Google. It offers you the opportunity to view and control thousands of connected home products like lights, cameras, thermostats and so on – all from one app.
With Google Home app, you can automatically generate quick actions to get things done easily. Things like turning off the lights in one room, viewing your security cameras, etc, can now be done with just a click from the app. It also gives a quick, at-a-glance layout of the current state of your smart home. This gives you the ability to view from anywhere in the world how things are going at your home in real-time. Google Home app allows multiple household residents to control their entire homes.
Features and Benefits of the App
Here are some of the features of Google Home app:
- With it, you can share your home control with other homes. It runs on Android 4.4 and higher as well as iOS. The app size is only 21 MB.
- It provides shortcuts for the things you do most often, such as playing music, turning lights on and off, etc. The Home app allows you to control, organize and manage compatible lights, cameras, TVs, etc, all from just a tab.
- You can use the it to control all your Google smart home devices, as well as search YouTube. You can even use it to call up DVR recordings from Google’s live TV streaming service – the YouTube TV. It gives you one view of your home and works as a remote with 4000+ smart home devices from 350+ popular brands, including the Google Home and Chromecast devices.
- It has some embedded features such as “Discover” and “Browse” tabs. You can use the “Discover” tab to check out latest features, tips, and special offers. The “Browse” tab allows you to discover trending videos and popular music on your other compatible apps.
- Once you have the app in place, you can do a check up on your home while you are away. You can also use it as a remote control for your Google Home, Chromecast and other devices. This makes home life even more comfortable and convenient.
How to Download Google Home App from Play Store
Below are the steps you can use to download and install the app:
- Open Play Store on your Android smartphone.
- On the search bar, type, “Google Home App”. A link having Google Home App will appear.
- Click on the link from your search result to move to the download page.
- Tap the “Install” button to start the download and installation.
- Click on Open to launch the Google Home App. You will see a “Welcome home” message from Google.
- Tap “Get started” to proceed
- Choose the account you want to use with the Google Home app. You can use your current Gmail account or use another account to sign in.
- Click “Next” to add your location and follow other prompts to complete the setup process.
Google Home app provides endless possibilities and helps you to discover new content and features, and make the most of your Google Home and other compatible devices.