Google account gives users the opportunity to enjoy a number of awesome benefits. No wonder about 1.7 billion persons around the world use Gmail which is a free email service created by Google. Google account and Gmail are often times used interchangeably. About 1 in every 5 persons on this planet actively use Gmail in more than 75 different languages to perform one transaction or the other.
- Google Account Overview
- How to Sign Up for Gmail Account.
With your Google account, you will have full access to services such as Google Play for all your app downloads, Google, Drive, YouTube, Gmail, Maps, Google Docs, Calendar and so on. Google’s innovative product offering would always keep you glued to their website. Google is one of the most popular websites on earth. The account allows you to send and receive email messages. The creation is free and gives you access to Google’s web-based services at no extra cost. Isn’t that awesome?
Benefits of Google Account
Individuals, business owners, professionals, students, and ordinary people drive immense benefits from owning a Google account. It is highly beneficial to everyone in one way or another. Besides access to essential Google services such as Play store, YouTube, Maps, etc, it allows:
- Android device owners to successfully integrate and configure their devices and sync their data.
- Businesses use Gmail service to connect with their partners via chat and video conferencing functionality.
- Students can use the email to access Google classroom, Google Docs, Google Sheets or Calendar using their account.
- School administrators can implement and integrate Google Classroom by creating school Gmail account for their students.
- Companies can communicate with their employees or organize online meetings or conferences using Gmail.
- Individuals can use Google Drive to back up their important files.
- Bank account holders can use Gmail to receive bank notifications at no cost.
- With your Google account, you will be able to use Google Maps for easy navigation.
- Google account serves as a means of online identification and registration
How to Sign Up for Gmail Account
The process of signing up fro an account is very simple and easy. You will need an Internet connection, either a mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. Here are the steps to follow:
- On your web browser, type gmail.com and hit the enter or send button. The action will take you to the homepage.
- Click on the ‘Gmail’ option at the top right corner of the page. A Sign In page will appear.
- Select Create account link at the bottom left-hand side of the page
- On the next page, fill in your First name, Last name, Choose a username and password, Provide your date of birth, phone number, gender, and your country zip code.
- Click Next to proceed with the registration
- Then accept Google’s Terms and conditions of service after reading by clicking ‘ I agree’ button. As soon as you tap the button, your Google account will be created. Google will log you in automatically to your newly created account where you will see a Welcome Message.
To continue using the service, all you need to do is to sign in with your username and password via gmail.com. Your account is very secure in as much as you abide by the shared responsibility principle. This means that you need to safeguard your password. Whenever you sign in to your account on a shared computer, do not forget to sign out as soon as you are done.