Facebook avatars are being rolled out in phases across the world and most of the users of Facebook and Messenger now have this cartoony feature active on their Facebook mobile app. Avatar is a new way to be on the most widely used social network platform. Through the new Facebook feature, you can make a cartoon character version of yourself. It allows you to customize things like your eyes, face, hairstyle, mouth, nose, clothes, etc.
After you create Facebook Avatars, you will be able to use them in your Facebook profile picture, comments, stories, and Facebook Messenger chat windows. You can use them the same way you use Apple’s Memoji and Bitmoji avatars, for example. So, you can share them with your friends.
There are a lot of other social media platforms that you can use your Facebook avatars. You can use it as a sticker in apps like the Mail, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter. In this article, I will walk you through the steps you will need to take to create your own first Facebook avatars on your Android smartphone or iPhone. View the instructional video below or read the step-by-step guide that follows:
How to Create Facebook avatars
1. Go to the Facebook app on your mobile phone
2. Tap the hamburger menu – that is, the three stacked lines in the lower right corner in iOS and on Android smartphones.
3. Scroll down and tap on See More.
4. Click on Avatars.
5. Select Next and click on Get Started.
6. Choose your gender if prompted, else proceed to the next step.
7. Choose your preferred skin tone. You have about 27 different options to choose from.
8. Then, click the Next button.
9. You’ll be prompted to choose a hairstyle for your avatar. Here, you can select Short, Medium, or Long for a variety of styles. Once you’ve made your selection, tap the Color icon to set your color of choice.
10. After that, you’ll move on to your avatar’s Face icon, where you’ll select the face shape, complexion, and face lines.
11. When are you are through with the customization of the face, you can tap the Eye icon. Select an eye shape, color, and lash length. Then move on to the Eyebrows icon and select the brow shape and color. You can also add glasses if you want to.
12. The next step is to customize the nose and mouth. Select your nose shape and then move on to your mouth shape. You can also add a lip color and facial hair if you wish to.
13. Now, it’s time to select body shape. Once you do this, you can choose an outfit that you like most. You can also choose to add a hat, scarf, or cat ears to your avatar’s outfit if you choose to.
14. When you are through with the customization of your avatar, tap the checkmark icon in the upper right corner (see step 13 image above).
15. Tap Next and then, select Done to finish.
It is important to note that Facebook Avatar is not available to all Facebook users for now but you can still create your Avatar using the Avatar Maker. We shall show you how to use Avatar creator which is free in our next article.