When individuals, businesses, governments and ad agencies run ad campaigns, Facebook Ads Manager is probably one of the preferred tools.
Facebook Ads Manager allows you to run your ad campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network and Messenger. It offers you the opportunity to create new ad sets, manage your Facebook ad bids, optimize your ad campaigns, target a wider audience, and keep track of your ad campaigns’ performance. You can also A/B test your Facebook ad campaigns in real time.
With Facebook Ads Manager, you can create a single ad campaign and show it to many audiences globally. By so doing, you can reach people on all of their favorite websites and mobile apps. You can also show your ads across multiple devices such as smartphones (Android, Windows, iOS), tablets, desktop computers, laptops or MacBooks. Facebook Ads Manager is free and very easy to use. It gives you the control that you need to succeed. Facebook Ads Manager has solid security tools that help you stay safe.
How to Set Up Facebook Ads Manager Account
In order to be able to advertise on Facebook, you’ll need to signup or set up your Facebook Ads Manager account. This is the first most appropriate step to take. Here are the steps to set up the Facebook Ads Manager account:
- On the web browser of your device, type: www.facebook.com/ads/manager and hit the enter button. This will take you to the Facebook Ads Manager’s homepage.
- Sign in with your Facebook account details (email address or phone number and password). Note that if you were previously logged into Facebook, you’ll automatically be logged into Ads Manager.
- Review and accept Facebook advertising and non-discrimination policy when prompted. Click on Done to proceed.
- To generate your an account for your campaigns, click on + Create button on the left-hand corner.
- Choose how you want to create ad campaigns. You have two options to choose from – Complete Campaigns or Campaign Shells
- Click on Select Guided Creation button to create complete campaigns or
- Tap Select Quick Creation button to create campaign shells and you’re good to go. It’s important to note that you can create multiple ad accounts by using Ad Account tab on the left-hand corner of your campaign page.
How to Set Up a Facebook Ad Campaign
Just in a moment, I’ll show you how to create your Facebook Ad campaign with ease. Follow the steps above to sign in to your Ads Manager account and use the steps below to create your ad campaign:
1. Choose your Campaign Objective.
Campaign objectives include things like awareness (Brand awareness, Reach), consideration (Traffic, Engagement, All installs, Video Views, Lead Generations, Messages), and Conversions (Conversion, catalog sales, Store traffic). This helps Facebook to know your ad campaign goals.
2. Name your Ad Campaign.
Giving your ad campaign a name helps you to manage your ads in the future. It’s very important to add a date range to your ad campaign. This makes it very easy for you to navigate between your ad campaigns later on.
3. Set Up your Target Audience.
You can create a new Facebook target audience or use a saved audience. This is a very important step that you must take in order to maximize your advertising potentials. A third option will be to use Custom Audiences that you’ve previously created in the Audience Manager. However, this is not available for use at this campaign creation stage.
4. Choose your Ad Placement of choice.
You may decide to place your Ads on Facebook News Feeds, Instagram, Audience Network, Facebook Right-Hand Column, In-Stream Video or Facebook Instant Articles. This gives you the opportunity to use the Automatic Placement option or configure your ad campaign to appear in some “real estates” of Facebook ad networks. For every campaign objective, Facebook recommends sets of ad placement choices. Let’s say, for example, you have Brand awareness and Engagement as campaign objective, Facebook and Instagram will be the right ad placement choices to make. If Video views and App installs are your campaign objective, Facebook, Instagram, and Audience Network are the right ad placement option to select. Use Facebook and Audience Network as your ad placement choice whenever you have Traffic, Conversions, and Catalog sales as a campaign objective.
5. Set Up your Campaign Budget & Schedule
Schedule and drive your ad campaign in line with your budget plans.
6. Choose your Facebook Ad Format, Media & Additional Creative Hub.
You can choose your preferred Facebook ad format and insert your ad copy and images.
Facebook Ads Manager comes with a lot of amazing features to help you to manage your ad campaign and monitor ad performance. It has some unique features such as the Plan, Audience Insights, Business Manager, Page Posts, Custom Conversions, Ads Reporting, Automated Rules, etc.