Echo Spot has a 2nd generation far-field voice recognition that allows you to control your smart home devices, organize your shopping list, stream music, read your texts & audiobooks, call other Echo devices and phone lines. It comes with an inbuilt VGA camera that offers you the opportunity to watch videos, video chat with friends, and even “drop in” on family members. The most interesting thing is that you can do all hands-free. All you’ll need to do is to ask Alexa. So, you can ask Alexa to turn on the lights in the living room, show baby monitors and front door cameras, and lock your doors.
Echo Spot connects to Alexa, an Amazon cloud-based voice service. You can ask Alexa to stream or play music from Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, tell the weather outside, read the news, answer questions, and even set music alarms. Echo Spot has the ability to connect to multiple speakers via Bluetooth or the 3.5mm stereo cable. This offers you the opportunity to create multi-room music experience in your home. In other words, it allows you to play music on your Echo devices in different rooms. With the Echo Spot, you’ll be able to make video calls to family and friends with Skype, and the Alexa app.
Amazon Echo Spot App Download
The amazon echo spot app is known as Alexa app and you’ll need to download the app on your mobile smartphone or tablet in order to be able to set up and manage your Echo Spot any time. You can easily download Alexa app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store depending on your device type.
How to Setup the Amazon Echo Spot
You can get your Amazon Echo Spot up and running in a few easy steps as indicated below:
- Plug your Echo Spot into a power outlet using the power adapter. As soon as you plug in your Spot, the display will light up with the Amazon logo and Alexa will send its greetings.
- Choose your language from the Language options on the screen of your Echo Spot.
- Connect to your Wi-Fi network. If this prompt does not appear automatically, swipe down from the top of the screen and select the Settings icon and follow the instructions.
- Sign into your Amazon account. If you don’t have one, you can create one online using your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Confirm your time zone and select the right-facing arrow to continue
- Name your device using the touch keyboard.
- Download the Alexa app for Android and iOS smartphone and tablet from the respective stores, if you don’t have it already.
- Customize your Echo Spot using the Alexa app. Just tap the Menu button at the top left corner of your screen, then select Alexa Devices and your Echo Spot. From the app, you can connect additional smart home devices to your account and customize your device’s location, wake word, background, language, sounds, and so on.
How to Setup Simple Black & White Clock on your Echo Spot
Below are the steps you can use to set a simple black and white clock on your Echo Spot:
- From the Settings, turn on the “Night Mode” and set it to run 24 hours daily.
- Turn on the “Adaptive Brightness” and tune the brightness to suit what you want. This is the setting that actually controls how bright it is in the day and how dim it is at night.
- Choose the “Street Lights” or “Bokeh” digital clock and you’re good to go. Just wait about a minute for it to go back into standby mode and your “simple clock” will fade in.
How to Turn ‘Screen Rotation or Cycling’ Off and Have the Second Rotation Screen (time, location & current weather) as the Full-time Home Screen on your Spot
Here are the steps you can use to stop the screen rotation:
- Swipe down on the touch Echo screen.
- Tap the “Settings” gear and scroll down to “Home & Clock”.
- Click on it to open “Home Card Preferences”.
- Select “Rotate Once”. After rotating once it will stay on your home screen. Swipe left, if you want to see the second screen.
How to Reset Your Amazon Echo Spot to Factory Settings
Below are the steps you can use to reset or de-register your Echo Spot whenever you want to lend, give away or sell it:
- Display the “Settings icon” on the Echo Spot by swiping from the top of the display screen to the middle.
- Select the “Settings gear icon” and scroll down to the “Device Options”
- Tap on the “Device Options” and scroll down to “Reset to Factory Defaults”
- Select the “Reset to Factory Defaults” option. You’ll be warned that your device will be deregistered from your Amazon account.
- Tap the forward-facing arrow button to continue. The Echo Spot will now restart. When the reset process is complete you’ll hear, “Hello! Your Echo Spot is ready for setting”.
Your Echo Spot will no longer be associated with your Amazon account as soon as you complete the above steps.