Amazon Echo Show is one of the great products of Amazon and it’s loved by millions of smart device users around the world. The smart speaker stands out among the Echo family. It has a unique 10-inch touchscreen display in addition to the Alexa voice assistant feature. This provides users with visual content and creates an interactive way to access all the amazing features of the smart speaker.
With Echo Show, you can stream music and books in a crisp and clear stereo sound. It has premium speakers with Dolby processing power and comes with eight in-built microphones that use far-field technology. This means that Alexa can hear you even while music is playing in the background. By design, it has a solid 10.1″ HD display screen that you can use to watch videos, movies, and TV shows.
How to Setup Amazon Echo Show 2nd Generation
In order to set up your device successfully, you’ll need an Amazon Prime account, Wi-Fi connectivity, smartphone/tablet or PC/Mac (Laptop, Desktop, etc). Here are the steps to set up your Amazon Echo Show:
- Unbox your Echo Show device
- Download Alexa app on your mobile phone, tablet, PC or MacBook from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. (i.e, if you don’t have the app already installed on your device). The app can also be downloaded from alexa.amazon.com directly via Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer 10 or later.
- Plug the power adapter into an AC power source (wall socket). The device will power up automatically.
- When the initialization process is complete, you will hear Alexa say, “Hello, your Echo device is ready for setup”.
- On the touchscreen, select a language, and connect to Wi-Fi by entering your network password.
- Confirm your Time Zone, and sign in to your Amazon account. This has to be the same as the account on your smartphone.
- Read and accept the Echo Show Terms and Conditions notice.
- If your Echo Show goes online, there may be need for firmware updates. Just click on Install Now tab that appears on the screen to start the download.
When the installation of the updates is complete, go through a quick introductory video to familiarize with the Echo Show features. It’s recommended to review the video and at the end, Alexa will say, “Your Echo Show is ready”. Enjoy!
How to Setup Photo Show on the Echo Show Touchscreen Display
Below are the steps you can use to set up Photo Show on your Echo Show device:
- Launch the Alexa app on your mobile phone.
- On the next page, tap the three horizontal bars at the upper left-hand corner of your screen to reveal the side menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Select the Echo Show from your list of Alexa-enabled devices.
- Scroll down to Home Screen Background tab and tap on “Choose a Photo”.
- Select a photo from your mobile phone or tablet. It will appear on the next screen and give you the option to resize it to fit the Echo Show Home Screen.
- Then, click Upload. As soon as the upload is complete, your photo will appear on the Echo Show’s display.
It’s important to note that you can also download photos from your Amazon Prime Photos album and use them to set up your photo show.
Get your music rolling on Echo Show by using the Alexa app to link all applicable music services. Just go to side menu, select Music, Video, & Books and follow the instructions to link all the services accordingly.