Echo Dot 3rd Generation is one the most popular and affordable smart speakers available in the market today. It is an efficient voice-controlled speaker that smart home lovers go for. Echo can hear you from across the room. Suppose you have some Echo-compatible devices in different rooms, you can fill your entire home with music. You can ask Alexa Echo to stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and others via the improved speaker for a great listening experience.
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Overview.
- Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation App Download.
- How to Setup Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation.
- Steps to Connect or Hook up Echo Dot 3rd Generation to Bluetooth Speaker.
With Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) you can sync multiple Echo Dots or connect other speakers you have via Bluetooth or the 3.5 mm audio cable to increase the sound quality. If you have smart home devices, you can use the Echo Dot to control lights, fans, switches, thermostats, locks, garage doors, find TV shows, and so on. Amazon Echo Dot can also help you to make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device. With Dot, you can initiate a call, send a text message, and even use your voice to ask Alexa to set alarms, answer questions, read the news, or check the weather.
Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation App Download
Alexa app is the right app you’ll need to download on your mobile phone or tablet (Android or iOS) in order to be able to set up your Amazon Echo dot 3rd generation successfully. You can easily download Alexa app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store depending on the device you use.
How to Setup Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
Here are the steps to set up your Echo Dot device:
- Plug the micro USB cable into the back of your Echo Dot.
- Connect the standard USB end into the power adapter, then into a wall socket. When the initialization process is complete, Alexa will tell you that you’re ready to get online.
- Launch the Alexa App on your phone or tablet. If you don’t have the app, you can download the app from Google Play Store for Android or Apple App Store for the iOS devices (iPhone & iPad).
- Sign into your Amazon account. You can create a new Amazon account if you don’t have an existing one. If you already use the Amazon app on your phone, it might pick up your account automatically.
- On the next page, select Echo Dot
- Confirm your language option, then hit the Connect to Wi-Fi button.
- Click on the Continue button. Your phone will then attempt to connect to your Echo Dot automatically. If this doesn’t work, the Alexa app will ask you to press and hold Dot’s action button (the one with a bump) for a few seconds.
- Tap the Continue button again as soon as it finds the device.
- Next, add the Echo Dot to your Wi-Fi network. Tap on the name of your network and then enter the network password.
- Click Connect and your Echo will go online.
How to Connect or Hook up Echo Dot 3rd Generation to Bluetooth Speaker
An Echo Dot-compatible Bluetooth speaker allows you to stream audio from your smart Echo device. All you’ll will need to do is to connect only ONE Bluetooth device to your Echo Dot at a time. Echo Dot does not support multiple connections to it at the same time. Here are the steps you can use to connect Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker:
- Power on your Bluetooth speaker.
- Keep the Bluetooth Speaker and Echo Dot at least 1m apart.
- Turn on pairing mode on your Bluetooth speaker.
- Lauch Alexa app on your mobile phone or tablet, and select the Devices icon.
- Select your Amazon Echo Dot device.
- Choose Bluetooth Devices.
- Select Pair a New Device.
- Then, choose your Bluetooth speaker and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the setup.
It’s iportant to note that if you had previously paired the device, you can just say, “Connect”. This will automatically connect your Echo Dot to the last device it was connected to.
Echo Dot 3rd Generation allows you the opportunity to decide how you want to connect to your device. You have three options to choose from. It could be Bluetooth, Audio Cable, or No speakers. If you don’t want to use either of these, the last option will play all audio via Dot’s basic speakers. Once the setup is complete, Alexa app will offer to show you a quick demo. You may choose to review the video. You can also accept or decline Amazon Prime and Prime Music offer. in other words, you can set up Amazon prime with your Echo Dot (3rd Gen). What a smart device, you’ve got!