Updated: June 25, 2019.
eBay USA is one of the high traffic online shops in the United States. It receives millions of hits on daily basis. e Bay is an online marketplace that brings both producers, wholesalers, retailers, and consumers together. In order to buy or sell on e Bay, you will need an eBay account. Once you create an eBay account, you will be able to gain full access to the world’s most popular e-commerce sites. eBay.com is available to people in over 30 countries including USA, Uk, India, etc. Users can browse through categories of goods and services the site offers provided they have created an eBay account. That is to say, that if you want to buy or sell products on eBay.com you must sign up or create an e Bay account.
- Ebay Online Shopping Overview.
- Features and Benefits of eBay USA Account.
- How to Sign Up for eBay Account.
To sign up for an e Bay account is absolutely free and you can complete the process in a few easy steps. The signup process only requires you to provide an email address, your first name, and a password. It also uses identity federation to register new users. In other words, you can use your Facebook login details to register on the website. eBay recommends that users keep their login credentials private. This is to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your eBay account. If you use shared computers or other mobile devices, don’t forget to sign out when you are done. Nevertheless, there is a minimum age requirement for account creation. You must be at least 18 years and above to be able to create an eBay account. Age policy violation may lead to account suspension.
Features and Benefits of eBay USA Account
- e Bay account offers online shoppers the opportunity to shop for any products of their choice from the comfort of their living room.
- It also creates the right platform for sellers to showcase their products to potential buyers anywhere around the world.
- Having an e Bay account enables you to run your marketing campaigns more effective and engage your audience.
- e Bay account allows sellers to choose the preferred method of payment for a particular product they are auctioning. Sellers can link their eBay account profiles to online payment website such as PayPal. This enhances and facilitates online payments.
- Most products on eBay.com are sold via the auction process. The only exception is when such products are under the fixed price category. It is the responsibility of the seller to ship items to the buyer as soon as the buyer fulfills all the necessary requirement.
How to Sign Up for e Bay Account
You can sign up for a personal or business account on eBay.com depending on your needs. e Bay account sign up is open to both sellers and buyers. Here are the steps to create an eBay account:
- Type ebay.com on any web browser and hit the Enter button on your device. This will take you to eBay’s homepage where you will be able to views different categories.
- On the top, left-hand side of the website is the “Sign In” or “Register” link. Click on “Register” link to get started. This will take you to the first page of the registration platform. When filling the registration form, you will have the opportunity to choose the kind of account you want to register. You can select between a Personal or Business account.
- To register a personal eBay account, you’ll need to provide the following details:- Your first name, last name, email address, and a password. Whereas a business eBay account requires you to provide details such as the business name, the business email address, a password, and the business mobile number.
- Click on the “Create account” button to complete the registration process. Note that you will need to verify the email address you provided on the eBay website.
For business eBay account creation, you will be required to solve a captcha challenge which is a way eBay uses to authenticate whether you are a human or a robot making the request. Note that you will need an internet connection to be able to complete the registration process.