Updated: June 14, 2019.
- Overview of Gmail Account Creation
- Benefits of Gmail.
- How to Sign Up for Gmail Account.
At times I begin to wonder if I were to be billed $1 each time I either send or receive an email, how much will it amount to in a year? However, this isn’t the case. Email service provider such as Google offers its numerous users worldwide, Gmail for free. Owning a Gmail account gives active users the opportunity to manage and access their emails, contacts, calendars, and other services. Creating what is popularly known as Gmail account allows you to have full control of your mailbox. As soon as you create Gmail account, accessing other Google services such as Google Drive, Google Docs, G cloud, etc, becomes a lot easier.
We can create Gmail account by providing personal information about ourselves to Google. The personal information we provide helps Google to build our account profile. Basic information like your first name, last name, gender, date of birth, country, and zip code are required to create Gmail account for you. Google protects the data you provide from unauthorized access. Security of your personal data is of utmost importance to Google. So, once you set up your account you’ll be able to manage your contacts, privacy & security settings and other preferences. In fact, amazing benefits awaits you create Gmail account.
Benefits of Gmail
- It is a gateway to your mailbox anytime, any day.
- Creating Gmail account gives users access to free Tier 1 storage space for messages.
- Gmail account comes with unique features such as instant messages and video chatting. In other words, it helps you to stay in touch.
- There is no cost of maintenance and your data is secure.
- With your Gmail account, you will be able to synchronize all your smartphone devices and documents.
How to Sign Up for Gmail Account
To create Gmail account, follow the steps below:
- On the web browser of your device, type: www.gmail.com and hit the enter button. This will lead you to Gmail Sign In homepage.
- Tap on Create Account tab at the bottom left-hand side of the page. It will take you to the Gmail Account Creation page.
- Provide your First name, Last name, and Username – firstname.lastname@example.org, for example. Your Username could be a combination of your first name and last name depending on your choice. You can also combine Alphabets, numbers and periods. Remember to keep it as simple as you can.
- Enter any password of your choice and confirm the password. Once your username is available, click on the Next button to continue the account creation process. Enter your telephone number, Age, Gender and Date of Birth.
- Click on the Next button. This will take you to the verification page.
- Click on Send button. Google will send a code to the mobile number you provided.
Enter the code in the appropriate text field and click on Verify button to complete the verification process.
There is always a verification timeout window which is about 60 seconds within which the code expires. Ensure you enter the code before the time elapses. Else, you start over again.