In This Article:
- Chromecast Overview.
- How to Set Up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC.
- Steps to Set Up Chromecast Device on your TV.
- How to Cast Videos, Movies From Windows 10 PC to TV.
Chromecast is a device that can cast videos and movies playing on your Computer or Mobile Phone to your TV screen. The growth in media technologies has led to the creation of innovative solutions that help us to cast videos and movies across various platforms. Perhaps, you just got the new device and have no clue on how to set it up. Don’t worry. Just relax and follow me as I show you how to set it up in a few easy steps in a moment.
If you intend to purchase one, go ahead because setting your device will happen seamlessly if you follow our step by step instructions. There are three basic items you need to be able to set up Chromecast successfully. You’ll need the $35 device, Windows 10 PC, and a Google Chrome Browser installed on your PC. You can start with the base model of Chromecast first. It will cost you a few Dollars. It has the same functionality that lets you beam content from your PC or phone/tablet to your TV.
How to Set Up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC
Having set up a Chromecast device on your Television. The next step is to go ahead and set up Chromecast on your Windows 10 PC as indicated below:
- Visit google.com/chrome to download and install the Google Chrome browser on your computer. This is only the case when you don’t have Chrome browser already installed on your PC.
- Open Chrome browser on your PC and visit chromecast.com/setup
- On the Chrome Setup screen, click on Set Up Your Chromecast
- On the next screen, agree to Chromecast Privacy Terms by clicking on the Accept button.
- As soon as you accept the terms, the webpage will start searching for available Chromecast devices connected to your WiFi Network. In case, your PC is unable to locate the device, try to switch the WiFi Network on your PC from 2.4 to 5 GHz or vice versa.
- On the next screen, click on Set Me Up button.
- Then, click on the WiFi icon at the right corner of your PC’s taskbar and tap on Chromecast’s open WiFi Network you will see.
- After connecting to Chromecast’s open WiFi Network, click on the NEXT button
- On the next screen, click on the YES Arrow, if the Code appearing on the screen of your Windows 10 PC matches the Code on the bottom right corner of your TV.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to choose a Name for your Chromecast. Provide any Name that you would like to use and click on LOOKS GOOD
- Next, you will be asked to confirm your personal WiFi Settings. Select your WiFi Network, Enter the Password for your WiFi network and click on CONNECT.
Congratulations! Your device setup is complete and it will display: Ready to Cast!
Steps to Set Up Chromecast Device on your TV
Here are the steps you can use to setup Google Chromecast on your Windows 10:
- Plug the USB end to the USB power adapter and connect to the power source. Then, plug in the HDMI end of your Google Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Grab the Remote Control of your TV to change the Source Input of your TV to the right HDMI port into which you have plugged your Chromecast device.
Note that most Remote Controls will allow you to press “Input” or “Source” button directly. Continue to press the “Input” or “Source” button until the TV display changes from “HDMI 1” to “HDMI 2.”. Press the OK button.
How to Cast Videos, Movies From Windows 10 PC to TV
Here are the steps to Cast a Video playing on a Windows 10 PC onto your TV screen:
- Open the Chrome Browser on your Windows 10 PC
- Search for the Video or Movie you want on Netflix, YouTube, YouTube Go, or other Chrome Compatible websites that you want to watch on the big screen of your TV set.
- Once the Video starts to play on your Windows 10 PC, click on the Cast Icon at the top right corner of your PC.
Chromecast setup happens seamlessly if you follow the above step by step instructions on how to setup your casting device. The setup steps apply to different versions of the device such as Ist generation Google Chromecast, Audio, and Chromecast Ultra.