Nowadays, we are always in search of an efficient and more secure web browser. Many browsers are available today but not all are user-friendly, secure and efficient. Thinking of a more secure web browser? A web browser that works on any operating system and on all your devices? Consider Google Chrome download. No matter what your needs are whenever you are online, Chrome download will help you with some Chrome unique features and the speed you need to surf the Internet. You can do more with the new Chrome.
What is Chrome download, one may ask? Chrome download is the simple process of installing Google Chrome browser on all your devices. Chrome is a free lightweight web browser that you can download for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS. It typically has everything you need to make the most of the web. Things like quick answers in your web address bar, and one-click translation. It can also provide you with personalized articles on your mobile devices.
How to Download and Install Google Chrome on PC, Mac, and Linux
Google Chrome can be downloaded using any web browser. However, if you don’t have any browser installed on your device, you can use your operating system’s preinstalled web browser. Examples of browsers that are preinstalled on your OS are Edge/Internet Explorer for Windows and Safari for Mac OS X. Here are the steps to follow to download Chrome on your PC, Mac, and Linux
- On your browser, type google.com/chrome/ and hit the enter button. This will take you to the homepage.
- Click on the “Download Chrome” tab. This will take you to the Terms of Service window. There are certain optional settings you will see. If you want, you can choose to set Chrome as your default browser. By checking the box marked “Help make Google Chrome better…”, will send your data usage back to Google. Usage data such as crash reports, preferences and button clicks will be sent. This excludes your personal information and track websites.
- On the popup window, tap “Accept and Install” after reading Google Chrome Terms of Service. This will cause the installer to initiate Google Chrome download. You may need to grant the program permission to run depending on your browser settings.
- Sign in to Chrome with your Google account when the installation is finished. The action will sync your bookmarks, preferences, and browsing history with any Chrome browser that you use.
How to Download and Install Chrome on Your Android Phone, iPad and iPhone
The steps are as follows:
- Navigate to your mobile device’s app store – “Google Play Store” for Android or “App Store” for your iOS devices. Note that Chrome download is available only on Android 4.0 & higher and iOS 5.0 & higher versions.
- Type “Google Chrome” on the search bar. A link with “Google Chrome” will appear. Click on it and continue
- Click on the “Install” button to begin downloading and installing the app. You may be requested to accept permissions before you can successfully install the app on your mobile.
- Then, launch the app. When you open Google Chrome for the first time on your mobile device, you will be asked if you would like to sign in with your Google account. Sign in with your Google account to sync all your preferences, bookmarks and browsing history with any other versions of Chrome you may use at a later time.
Alternatively, you can download the offline installer for use on your PC, Mac, and iOS device. To download an offline installer for use on a computer without an active connection, search for “chrome offline installer” on any web browser. Just follow the first link to the Chrome support web site. This will help you to download the offline Chrome installers from the site. Note that there are different types of Chrome Offline Installer. There’s an offline installer for a single user and the one for all users on any computer. Ensure that you download the right installer. Save the installer file after download and transfer it to the computer you want to install it on. Then, run the Install Chrome much like you would any program you download from the Internet.