Google Chromecast is a popular device in the smart home world, that allows you to cast videos and movies playing on your Computer or Mobile Phone to your big 4K TV screen. With various media streaming technologies available today, casting videos and movies contents to our big screen has now become as easy as ABC. Even if you just freshly purchased the device and you have no clue on how to set it up. You need not to worry. In this write-up, I’ll show you how to set it up your new Google Chromecast with your Android phone.
- Overview of Google Chromecast.
- How to Set Up Google Chromecast Using an Android Phone.
If you are considering to buy a Google Chromecast device that you will be able to set up with your Android phone. There is a particular model of Chromecast you should buy. It is only the $35 Google Chromecast base model that allows you to beam contents from your Android phone or tablet to a TV screen. In case you want to get one, go ahead because setting your Chromecast device will happen seamlessly if you follow our step by step instructions. You only require three basic items to be able to set up Chromecast successfully.
How to Set Up Google Chromecast Using Your Android Phone
- Plug your Chromecast into your TV’s HDMI input.
- Plug in the USB of the Google Chromecast device into TV’s USB port. If there isn’t a free USB port on your TV (or if it’s being used), move and use the enclosed power adapter to connect the device to a power outlet.
- Change your TV input to the same port the Chromecast is connected to.
- Now download the Google Chromecast app from Play store in your android.
- Open the app, accept Google’s Terms of Service, sign into your Google account, and follow the directions.
- The main page ought to show up once the initial setup is complete.
- Tap on the Devices and hit Set Up once you see your Chromecast appear.
- Select “Set Up” once more.
- A code should appear on each your TV and smartphone screens. Ensure it’s the same one on each device.
- You will be asked if you wish to change your Chromecast’s name to something distinctive. You’ll do so, otherwise, you will leave the default one on. When done, select “Set Name.”
- Next, you’ll be asked to choose a Wi-Fi network for your Chromecast. Undergo the necessary steps and so choose “Set Network.”
- Your Chromecast may get some updates. Simply wait till they’re done.
- Your Chromecast device ought to launch. After this, you’re able to enjoy your device.
Note that you will need a Google Chromecast device, an Android phone/tablet, and an Internet connection. There are some completely different versions of Google Chromecast in the market such as first gen, second gen, and also the 4K capable model. To set up any of the available versions, you basically don’t have to learn anything different. The same setup steps as indicated above primarily apply across all the variants.