AOL Mail is one of the top-notch free Internet-based email services powered by AOL. It is an email service is widely used across the world especially in North America. AOL Mail competes with the likes of Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, etc, and is available in over 53 languages. With your AOL mail, you can send and receive emails from the comfort of your living rooms. One of the unique features AOL Mail is the task calendar. Most users make use of this feature because it allows them to add email invites to their calendar and set up an alert to remind them of the event later on.
- AOL Mail Overview.
- Features and Benefits.
- How to Sign Up for AOL Mail Account.
- How to Reset AOL Password (Methods 1, 2 & 3).
In order to enjoy all the benefits of AOL Mail, there is a need for users to create an account or sign up. Signing up for an AOL Mail provides users best platform to explore a whole lot of interesting stuff. The signup process is very simple and can be completed in a few steps on the AOL Mail website. Users who want to sign up for an account can easily do this when they visit www.aol.com. The AOL homepage contains other fascinating stuff that you may find helpful when you visit the website from your web browser.
Features/Benefits of AOL Mail
- It is a free email service
- AOL Mail offers users free storage.
- It has the ability to automatically redirect phishing schemes to your trash folder. This offers some level of protection.
- It runs identity federation and sync services that allow users to connect their AOL accounts to social media platforms such as Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, Google, etc.
- AOL Mail allows users access to some popular features such as news, finance, lifestyle, videos, games, maps, emails, and entertainment gist.
How to Sign Up for AOL Mail Account
In order sign up, you will need to choose a username and password There is also the need for Internet-enabled devices such as Android smartphones, iPads, iPhones, Windows phones/tablets, Laptops, Desktop PC, etc. Here are the steps to follow when you want to sign up for AOL Mail account:
- Type aol.com on any web browser. This will take you to the AOL homepage. On the top right-hand side, you will find the Login/Join tab.
- Click on the Login/Join tab to get started.
On the next page, you can sign in (if you have an existing AOL email account). If you’re a new users, click on the Sign Up tab that is at the bottom of Sign In page.
- Sign Up page will open and you will be prompted to provide your personal details such as Firstname, Lastname, Username and Password, Mobile number, Country zip code, Date of Birth and Gender.
- Then, click on the Continue tab to proceed.
- Once you complete the above steps, you will be requested to verify your mobile number. A verification code will be sent to the phone number you provided for authentication.
- Type the verification code sent to your phone on the space bar provided and click on verify.
The verification timeout period is about 60 seconds within which a new user is required to enter the code. Should you fail to enter the verification code before the countdown, you will be asked to start over again for security reasons. Once you click on the Verify tab, your account creation begins. If successful, you will receive a congratulatory message confirming the creation of your new account. You can log in as soon as your account is created.
How to Reset AOL Password (Method 1)
There are three options that you can use to reset your AOL Mail account password. The first option is as follows:
- Type aol.com on any web browser. This will take you to the AOL homepage.
- Select Login/Join.
- Type in your AOL username.
- Click Next.
- Choose “Forgot password?”.
- Type in your username.
- Tap Next.
- Type in the phone number associated with your account, the one you entered when you created it.
- Click Next.
- To verify your identity, AOL requires a verification code. You can have it sent to you by text or a phone call. Just choose whichever method you prefer.
- After you receive your code, type it into the Enter Code field.
- Click Next.
- Enter the new password you’d like to use.
- Click Save.
AOL Password Reset (Method 2)
The second option you have is to choose to receive an email to reset your password.
- Choose “Try another verification” option.
- Select “Email a reset link to my recovery email address”.
- Click Next. This will prompt the system to send an email to the address you provided as an alternative when you signed up for AOL Mail.
- Click Close.
- Open your alternative email account and look for the password reset message from AOL. It will have a subject line something like “Request to reset your password.”
- Click on the Reset Password button or link in the email.
- On the page where the link sends you, enter a new password.
- Click Save.
AOL Password Reset (Method 3)
The third method involves the security question you set up when you created your account:
- Choose “Answer security question”.
- Type in your answer to the question asked.
- Click Next.
- If your answer was correct, you will see the box in which you will enter your new password. Do so, and click Next.
As soon as you complete one of these steps, you should be able to sign into your AOL Mail account using the new password you have set.