Amex card comes in four main flavors – Personal cards, Small Business Cards, Corporate Cards, and Prepaid Cards. Each Amex card category offers different world-class solutions, benefits, and rewards. It gives you a wide range of card options to select from. You can go for charge and credit card option, travel cards, gift cards, rewards cards or personal savings account option depending on what your needs are.
American Express (Amex) has a Card for everyone who is 18 years old and above. All you need to do is to apply for the right card that meets your needs. To apply for an Amex card is very simple and easy. Amex provides a range of charge and credit cards that offer various rewards and benefits. Nevertheless, it’s important to take time to consider the fees and possible interest charges on the cards. You also need to know how much you can afford to repay monthly.
Amex Credit Card Requirements
If you’re are applying for a personal card, American Express requires you to meet certain eligibility criteria or requirements. Here are the minimum requirements that every Amex cardholder must fulfill:
- You must be 18 years old or above.
- Applicants must have a current bank or building society account.
- You must have no history of bad debt and,
- Have a permanent home address.
There may be other requirements depending on the type of card you’re applying for. So, Amex may request you to provide further details in order to complete your online application.
How to Get American Express Card
Below are the steps you can use to get or apply for an Amex card online:
- On the web browser of your device, type: americanexpress.com/apply or www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/ and hit the enter button. This will take you to American Express Credit Cards homepage.
- Click on “All Cards” tab at the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Choose a card according to your needs and read the Terms & Conditions, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button on your chosen Card page to begin your application.
- Enter your personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, Name you want on the Card, your Email Address, and Date of Birth.
- Provide your Contact details like your phone number, current Home Address and Social Security Number (SSN)
- Enter your Financial information such as your Total Annual Income, Non-taxable Annual Income (Optional) and Income Source
- Click on “Continue” tab and follow the instructions to submit your Amex card application.
How to Create New Amex Card Online Account or Activate your Amex Credit Cards
Here are the steps you can use to create a new Amex card online account or activate your American Express charge and credit cards:
- Visit www.americanexpress.com and click on “Create New Online Account” tab below the “Forgot User ID or Password?” tab.
- Enter the 4-digit Card ID found on the right corner of your card
- Input the 15-digit Card Number at the middle of the Card
- Click on “Confirm” tab and follow the instructions to set up your account.
Amex Card application is subject to Credit check. American Express will give your application a credit check to ensure you are able to meet the obligations of being a Cardmember. The credit check basically looks at your ability to repay and the possibility of you not paying back your debt. It also looks at your credit history and your financial responsibility in recent times.