In this writeup, we will have look at the Amazon Prime concepts and benefits, review the steps you can use to sign up and how you can log in to your Amazon Prime account at any time. Just as someone had asked me, “what is Amazon Prime?” We shall start by defining the meaning of Amazon Prime. In the simplest term, Amazon Prime is one of the products of Amazon.com that gives members access to free shipping, streaming videos, Prime Day discounts, and a variety of other services. As a Prime member, you will have access to the world’s hottest collection of music (Amazon Music), watch live events and popular movies. It also comes with full access to Amazon Originals, TV shows, and special deals.
With Prime, shopping is fast. You can shop over 100 million items and get free delivery. If you love reading, Amazon Prime is for you. It allows members to download at least one editor’s pick for free on a monthly basis. With your $12.99 a month Prime subscription, you will enjoy a lot of special offers and perks. You can even try Amazon Prime for one week $1.99. Within the trial period, you can decide to cancel or continue. So, it gives you the flexibility that you need. Prime membership qualifies you for special discounts on digital services like FreeTime Unlimited. As a member, you only pay $2.99/month for digital services instead of $4.99/month for non-Prime members.
What are the Benefits of Amazon Prime?
Let’s get down to specifics. What are the real benefits that come with Amazon Prime membership subscription? That is to say, what do you gain when you sign up or become a member?. The answer is simple. The Amazon Prime membership benefits come majorly in two flavors – the Amazon Shopping and Entertainment.
As a Prime member, when you shop on Amazon.com you get:
- Free One-Day, & Two-Day Shipping
- 2-Hour grocery & restaurant delivery
- Free Same-Day Delivery
- Scheduled, In-Home & In-Car Delivery
- Alexa Voice Shopping & Deals
- ‘Try before you buy’ clothes
- 20% off diapers, baby food & household items
- Lots of Savings at Whole Foods Market
Prime has got your entertainment covered. The benefits include full access to:
- Thousands of movies, TV shows & Amazon Originals
- 20% off Amazon Music Unlimited
- Rotating podcasts on Audible Channels
- Over two million songs, ad-free
- Unlimited photo storage on Amazon Photos
- 1,000+ eBooks, magazines, comics & audiobooks
- Free Bonus Games & In-Game Loot with Twitch on a monthly basis
- Early access to Kindle books each month
How to Sign Up for Prime Account
In order to enjoy the numerous benefits that come with Prime membership, you’ll need to sign up for an account. When you sign up for Prime, you create a Prime account, for which you have a username (your email address) and a password. The username and password let you log into the Prime web portal where you can use different features and settings to manage your account. Here are the steps you can use to create or sign up for Prime account:
- On the web browser of your device, type: www.amazon.com/amazonprime and hit the enter button. This will take you to the homepage.
- Click TRY PRIME button to proceed
- Enter your email address or phone number for Amazon mobile accounts and password. The email address should be the one you used to create your Amazon.com account. If you don’t have Amazon account, click on Create your Amazon account button instead and follow the instructions therein. You can check out our article on how to create an Amazon.com account.
- Add a payment method such as your credit card details and follow the prompts to complete.
Amazon Prime Login
You’ll need two things to be able to log into your Prime account successfully. One is the email address or mobile phone number you used to create your Amazon.com account and the second is your password. In other words, when you go to www.amazon.com/amazonprime, you will be able to use your Amazon.com sign in or login details to log in to your Amazon Prime account. Both credentials serve the same purpose if you initially signed up for a Prime account. Here are the steps you can use to log into your Prime account:
- Visit www.amazon.com/amazonprime
- On the homepage, click on Sign In tab at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Enter your Amazon.com email address and password.
- Click Sign in to continue and explore the numerous benefits that come with Prime membership.
Amazon Prime Cost
When you sign up, you may be eligible for a 30-day free trial. Within the free trial period, you can cancel anytime at no cost. After the trial period, you may opt for a monthly subscription which costs $12.99 or annual membership subscription at $119. You can make payment with all major credit and debit cards like American Express, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, etc.
Amazon Prime offers students special deals and the opportunity to get a free six-month trial of Amazon Prime Student. With your valid .edu email, you’ll get all the benefits of Prime subscription including special student-specific deals and coupons. At the end of your free trial, it will cost you half the price of a regular Prime membership until you graduate. You can also pay $6.49 monthly with no future service commitments.