Amazon is the operator of www.amazon.com online shopping website. It is probably the most preferred online shop for millions of users around the world. Amazon, as it is popularly called, is one the biggest online shops in the world with its headquarters in the United States. It has subsidiaries in many countries such as Canada, Japan, India, Turkey, France, Spain, Italy, Australia, and so on. In fact, Amazon is global. It allows you to shop millions of products and manage your Amazon orders from anywhere. The online store giant also gives users the option of signing up for Amazon Prime membership.
Amazon.com offers you the opportunity to browse, shop by department, compare prices, read or write reviews, share products with family and friends, and check the status of your orders. On the website, you can shop for baby products, consumer electronics, beauty products, gourmet food, groceries, health and personal-care items, several media such as books, DVDs, music CDs, videotapes & software, automotive items, toys & games, industrial & scientific supplies, kitchen items, jewelry, watches, lawn and garden items, sports wears and musical instruments.
Products and Services Categories
Amazon.com offers users a rewarding online shopping experience. Its products and services range from Amazon Business, Amazon Prime, AmazonFresh, AWS, Appstore, Alexa, Fire tablets, Fire TV
Prime Video, Kindle Store, Amazon Go, Drive, Echo Dot, Kindle, Amazon Music, Grocery & Gourmet, and Music Unlimited. Other available products and services include Digital Game Store, Studios, Wireless and the biggest collection of books, magazines, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, jewelry, shoes, etc.
How to Browse Amazon.com Without Registering for an Account
It is true that you don’t need to register or sign up for an account in order to browse website pages. However, if you want to buy or sell items (or if you want to build a profile, make wish lists, and get personalized recommendations) on the website, you’ll need to create a new account.
How to Create a New Amazon Account
Here are the steps that you can use to create a new Amazon account:
- Type on any web browser: www.amazon.com and hit the Enter button. This will take you to Amazon homepage.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the homepage, you’ll see a menu marked “Your Account.” Hover over it to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the “Start Here” link directly under the “Sign In” button.
- On the next registration page, enter your personal information such as your name and email address.
- Enter a password of your choice. Optionally, you may also provide your mobile number for additional account security if you like.
- Click the “Create Account” tab. This redirects you to a welcome page and you’re ready to shop.
How to Sign In to Your Account
If you have an existing account, it is very easy to sign in to Amazon.com. Below are the steps to sign in:
- Type www.amazon.com on any web browser and hit the enter button. This will take you to the homepage.
- You’ll see a menu tagged “Your Account” at the upper right corner of the homepage. Hover over it and select “Sign In” from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, enter your email address and password
- Click on Sign In. This will take you to your new account.
How to Create Amazon Seller Account
Amazon Seller Account registration comes in two main flavors – Individual Seller and Professional Seller account. You have the option to sign up for either of the two seller account types. It all depends on the number of items and your selling needs.
Here is how to create Individual Seller Account:
- On any web browser, type https://services.amazon.com and hit the enter button. This will take you to “Sell on Amazon” page. For individual account creation, do not click on orange “Start selling” button. You only click on it when you want to create a Professional Seller Account.
- Scroll below the “Start selling on Amazon today” page.
- Under the banner image at the middle of the page, you’ll see “Sign up to become an individual seller >” button. Click on it. This option is ideal for sellers who do not have up to 40 products to sell and want to avoid the $39.99 a month professional seller subscription.
- Enter your email address and password to sign in, if you have an existing account or select “Create a New Account”. If you don’t have one. Then, enter your personal information and choose a password to sign in.
- On the next page, provide your business legal name & address, and accept the “Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement” and click Next. Note that if you’re registering as an individual seller, you can list it under your given name.
- Next, you’ll need to provide all of your business information including your mobile or telephone number. This helps the online store giant to send you a text message to verify that you’re a real person and not a bot.
- Enter your chargeable credit card & valid bank account details. The online store giant uses your bank account details to deposit your funds once you make a sale.
- Provide your tax information. The responses you provide to the tax interview questions will help it to create the appropriate tax form on your behalf.
To secure your account, you may need to set up 2-factor authentication (2FA) or 2-step verification. As soon as you are done and your selling account is setup, you can log in or sign in to your account any time by visiting https://sellercentral.amazon.com.