If you use Amazon.com very often, this app is for you because the Amazon Shopping app allows you to shop millions of products and manage your Amazon orders from anywhere. The Amazon app gives the ability to browse products, shop by department, compare prices, write/read reviews, share products with friends & family, and track your orders. The app works well and is easy to use. You can even chat live with customer service representative about any issues with an order, without having to talk to anyone on the phone. With the Amazon app, you can compare prices and availability by typing in your search terms, scanning a barcode or an image with your camera, or using your voice. You can also sign-up for shipment notifications to know when your order ships and arrives.
Amazon app helps you to find better deals. It gives you easy access to the Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals. If you shop more on Amazon.com than anywhere else, becoming an Amazon Prime member will allow you to take full advantage of this app. In other words, if you use Amazon app a lot, we recommend that you buy the Amazon Prime membership. Prime membership will allow you to get free music service such as Spotify, a free movie/TV show service (similar to Netflix, and cheaper), discounts on some items, 2-day delivery, and often, free delivery. You will have full access to your Shopping Cart, Wish Lists, payment, and Prime shipping options, Subscribe & Save order history, and 1-Click settings, just like on the full Amazon.com site.
8 Amazing Features of the Shopping App
- The Amazon app is highly secure. All Amazon Shopping app purchases are routed through Amazon’s secure servers to encrypt and safeguard your personal information. This is simply buying with confidence, knowing that all your transactions are securely processed.
- The app allows Amazon customers to shop millions of products on any of Amazon’s sites around the world.
- Using Scan It feature, you can scan product barcodes and images to compare prices and check availability.
- The app allows you to sign-up for automatic shipment notifications to know when your order ships and arrives.
- It allows you to use Alexa to shop. This offers you the opportunity to use your voice to search for products on Amazon.com. You can also use it to track your orders and reorder your favorite items. To use the Alexa functionality, tap the microphone icon and say “where’s my stuff?” to access open orders. You can reorder products by saying “reorder diapers” or “buy more hand-wash”.
- The Amazon app allows you to send and share links to products via email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook, and so on.
- The shopping app gives the opportunity of using 1-Click ordering, customer support, Wish Lists, and order tracking. You can create or find a baby or wedding registry via the app.
- The app notifies you automatically when new deals become available. You can check out Gold Box Deals – including the Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals.
How to Download Amazon App from Google Play Store on Android Phone and Tablet
Below are the steps to download Amazon app from Google Play Store:
- Go to Play Store on your device
- On the search bar, type “Amazon Shopping” for Android phone users and “Amazon for Tablets” for Android Tablet users. In order to avoid issues, download the right app for the right device. This is very important.
- Select the “Amazon Shopping” or “Amazon for Tablet” link from your search result depending on your device.
- Click on the “Install” button to start the download and installation.
- Tap “Open” to launch the App and follow the setup instructions to get started. You can select “International Shopping” under the country/region, choose your preferred language, currency and so on.
- Click “Done” to save your settings.
- On the next page, sign in to your Amazon account or create one if you don’t have an existing account.
The Amazon app size is about 40 MB and requires Android OS 4.4 or higher with a rear-facing camera. For the app to work properly, it also requires access permission to services such as SMS/Message, Contacts, Camera, Microphone, Location, Flashlight, Account, Storage, Wi-fi, and Phone.