AdMob which stands for ‘Advertising on Mobile’ is a free mobile advertising platform that provides app content publishers a means to earn money by displaying targeted ads. Google AdMob is to an app developer what Google AdSense is to a web content publisher. According to Google, both Ads networks are not the same. AdMob is basically for mobile app developers who what to generate revenue by monetizing their app content. On the other hand, Google AdSense refers to an advertising platform that allows mobile publishers to promote their contents and monetize their web/blog sites.
With Google AdMob, you can earn money from the ads displayed in your ad units. It allows you the opportunity to use house ads to cross-promote your own apps. AdMob also allows you to run special direct deals for your clients or customers. This is because it automatically serves ads to your apps from the AdMob Network and third-party networks of your choosing. Typically, these ads target your app content and audience. In other words, it allows you to show relevant and engaging ads to your app users and even customize the look and feel of ads to match your app content. It also gives you full control over what appears in your app.
How Does Google AdMob Work?
AdMob is very easy to integrate into your app. Here is how it works:
1. Developers or Publishers Create Ad Space in their App
What this means is that you create ad spaces in your app by creating ad units in AdMob. As an app developer, you choose where you want the ads to appear when you add the ad units to your app code. This is the first initial step to take.
2. Google AdMob Shows the Highest Performing Ads to your App Users
AdMob has its own Ads network and works with other third-party ad networks to ensure that the highest performing ads are displayed in your app.
3. And App Developer or Publisher Receives Payment
AdMob handles all the payment processing of billing advertisers and networks for the ads displayed in your app. You receive your payments in line with AdMob policies.
How to Sign Up or Create AdMob Account
There are three main methods that you can use to sign up for an AdMob account. App developers or publishers can sign up for an account using an existing Google Account. You can also use your Google AdSense account and Google Ads (Adwords) account to manage some of its features, such as payments and house ads. If you don’t any of these accounts, you can create one by signing up. Here are the steps you can use to create AdMob Account:
To create AdMob account with an existing Google Account, AdSense or Google Ads accounts,
- Type apps.admob.com on the web browser of your device and hit the enter button. This will take you to the homepage.
- On the next page, click Sign up with either your Google Account, AdSense and Google Ads accounts
- Enter your email address and password to sign in.
- Review the AdSense account information that was automatically imported into AdMob. Go ahead and complete the account information to create your new Google Ads account if you want.
- Add Google Ads billing currency.
- Select your Time zone to ensure accuracy in reporting data.
- Accept and agree to the program policies, AdSense Terms & Conditions, and Google Ads Terms & Conditions
- Tap Create AdMob account to complete the AdMob sign up processes.
AdMob advertising platform for mobile apps is available on Android and iOS. It supports major gaming engines such as Cocos. To be able to distribute your ads on gaming engines, you’ll need to connect your AdMob account with your Google AdWords account. This will give a big boost to your earnings because AdWords uses keywords, custom targeting, and ads based on your app identity to create install campaigns. These campaigns help to get more people to download your app. Isn’t that cool?